Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Haircuts and Random Life Moments....

Yesterday, Scott left work a little early and picked Luke up from school.  I had plans to attend a Thirty One party at a friend's house and Ally was invited to come along as some other girls from her class were going to be there.  So, Scott and I decided instead of me picking Luke up and handing him off, it would just be easiest if he picked him up and we removed the middle man.

That allowed Ally and I time to run some errands and go to Panera and do her homework. Then, were were off to pick up the 1500 boxes of girl scout cookies our troop sold!  Whew!!! Thank god for my cookie mom who keeps it all organized and lovely!  We got all the cases of cookies in our two Acadias and got them over to her house in plenty of time for Ally and I to get to our party!

We had some super yummy food and great wine.... and I think (no, I know) I  bought one too many Thirty One totes. Oh well..... we had a lot of fun.

In the meantime, Scott took Luke to get his haircut.  Luke is continuing his bravery and still sitting by himself! Scott sent me the following picture....


Somebody is becoming a little ham.  :-))))

Luke and Scott then went out to eat the two of them....... and then home to play...... Scott said it was a wonderful little evening just he and Luke.  Ally and I had a wonderful little girl's night too.... Even though I didn't see much of her. She was with her girls... and I was with mine. 

I really love the ages my kids are at right now. Do I say that a lot? I hope I always feel that way.  I think I will.  I just love that they can DO things with us so easily.  I love that I can take Ally just about anywhere. I love that we can watch movies that we BOTH enjoy and that they are appropriate for her to watch.  I love that we can travel together. That we share friend time.... her with the littles and me, with their moms.  I love all of these things and so much more. It's a good time... life gets easier in ways as they get older.  Harder in ways too..... just different all around. Ever evolving this parenthood journey!

Looking forward to lots these days.  I love that feeling... looking forward and having wonderful things to look forward to!  I am looking forward to a little min-break this weekend... as some girls and I are headed out to my sis in law's family lake house for a break from our insane lives.  Looking forward to St. Patrick's day next weekend....... always a great drinking holiday and my father in law's birthday celebration!  Looking super forward to Ally's first gymnastics meet the weekend after that....... and then, looking SO FORWARD to Spring Break and West Palm Beach.............. and hopefully, spring right around the corner after that!  Love this time of year. The anticipation of everything warm and new.

Happy Hump Day blog friends!!!!!!!!

No comments: