Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mommy Guilt Turned General Guilt....

So.... my Mommy Guilt from Monday has quickly turned into guilt in general as Jane's kids have come down, one by one, with the stomach flu.  Apparently this bug can live on and on and it doesn't matter if you were exposed to actual puke particles or not.  The virus lived on in Luke... or maybe on his blankie.... or his clothes or something.... and made its way to the Dawson girls.

Ugh. I feel so bad..... but I had  no choice in the matter... and as my wonderful mother in law reminded me... that's what she's there for.

I just hope and pray my mother and father-in-law don't get it now... especially because my father-in-law's birthday is Saturday.  That would be awful.

I know you never know where it comes from.... obviously something is going around Jackson.... one of Allys' friends left school today after starting with it.... the sickness is everywhere.  I don't hate the pukes. I mean, I hate having them..... but at least they don't linger like a cold can..... or turn into an infection... and take weeks to recover. After 24 hours... its usually done.

Luke is 100% back to normal.  Except he still doesn't think he can drink warm milk (cuz that's what he threw up both times).  He had it for about 24 hours to the minute.  But... even after the worst is over, you still feel "off" for a while.  He's still not eating a ton. Not that he ever does though. 

Yesterday, despite his sister's fit..... he enjoyed his bike ride and trip to the park.


As you can see, he is sportin' his new sunglasses.... courtesy of Ally and Daddy... when they went on their Nano buying trip Sunday.  He told Scott the other day on their drive into town that he needed  his very own sunglasses for the car because he doesn't like the sun in his eyes.

I love that kid.  :-)

Scott is in South Haven this evening.... so I am on pick up duty for Ally... then, I have to take the kids to my amazing cousin who is going to watch them for me while I go to PTO this evening. Then, I have to hit up my chiropractor. Then, I need to get my kiddios... and get them home later than I would like, but what are ya gonna do?  Single parenting it is never easy or perfect. It's about making do. I would skip PTO, but I missed it last month because I was so damn sick...... so I can't miss out again.

Or, I won't rather.  I like to keep the committments I make.

Good times...... good times.......

3 comments:

Urquhart Family said...

I love this. Thank you for sharing. Have you seen the "I Like" books? I bought them for the boys for Easter...but there is also a Couples "I Like" book and I picked that up for Terry & I. Such an awesome concept...encouragement and confidence for the kids and Mom & Dad. Family starts with Mom & Dad...so important to stay connected!!!! :)

jane said...

Ahhhh! The pukes! WTH!!! I have talked to some doctors in town and it is most definitely going around and can last 5-7 days!! Eek.

Nicole said...

I agree with Jane... its going around. It's been all around Bean.