Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fingers Crossed....

I am hoping, praying and crossing my fingers that Luke makes it through the day (at least the morning field trip!) today at school.  Yesterday, we got a call right before lunch that he wasn't feeling well and that he had an accident and couldn't get out of the bathroom. They called my office first... and I was in a meeting, where I remained for three consecutive hours - three consecutive meetings.   A reminder to call my CELL PHONE is in order.  I have that on me ALWAYS!

They got a hold of Scott though... and it worked as it should because I would have felt awful with the conflict of leave my meetings or ask Scott to get him.  Luckily, that decision was made for me. Everything happens for a reason! They called Scott and with Scott's proximity to school, he can be there in a matter of minutes.  Luke ended up spending the afternoon with Nana and Papa....... and was, of course... perfectly fine once he got it all out again.

I increased his acidopholus intake and reduced his milk. I would cut it out completely if he would drink water... but instead I am putting a few drops of milk in a cup of water... just to color it white.  ;-)  He apparently cannot taste the difference... and it allows me to get the acidopholus powder in him. I'm really hoping this helps........ I know it just takes time to get your intestines back in working order after you've had a bug and all the good bacteria is wiped out.

Ally and I always go somewhere for snack and homework on Monday's, as you may or may not know.  Yesterday... we went to Cascades as it was GORGEOUS OUT!!!


81 degrees... and I am pretty sure it got warmer than even that!!!!  It's March people! I love it! I know it's horrid for our ecosystem, blah, blah, blah......  ;-) But... I still love it.  I will feel bad about the ecosystem another day. For now, I am going to enjoy the crap out of each day like this that comes!!!!

Ally was off to gymnastics... and I was off to grab Luke.  He and I went home and his Monday routine seems to be a trip into Ally's room because she's not there. He plays with her coveted things and probably does things she would never allow. I allow this to happen.  Her room is so cool to him, and there's really not even anything THAT special about it.  It's just that he worships his big sister.



Nothing better than hanging out on your big sister's bed when she's not there to yell at you to get off of it!!!!!!

Luke seemed no worse for the wear after his accident at school. A constant reminder that I am more upset by things he goes through than he is. He shrugged it off... but did go on to tell me he is embarrased to tell Ms. Joann that he has to go number 2.  We had a LONG talk about it........ as did he and Scott his morning at the drop off...... so hopefull, we won't have any more issues. Like I said. Fingers crossed!!!!!

1 comment:

jane said...

We gave Grace the chewable acidopholus for a while when she was always complaining of tummy aches and went through that bout of vomiting at night every 2 weeks. It really seemed to help. Good luck!!