Luke was still sick this morning.... and I HAD to go to work. I have moved days like crazy it seems between my illness, Ally's strep and I just couldn't miss some meetings today that I was facilitating.
Cue: Mommy Guilt.
I felt so bad. Just two weeks ago, I stayed home with Ally for two days. I couldn't make that happen with Luke. I know he is is happy and fine and loved with Nana and Papa... I just still feel bad I had to leave him. Still feel guilty. Feel guilty he had to go and feel guilty I have to expose everyone there to the pukes.
He had a fever all day yesterday and did nothing. Not. One. Thing. I don't think he has ever, ever been sick like this in his entire little life. When he gets colds, nothing really keeps him down. He has run fevers before. But... this time around, he was down for the count.
Last night, he asked to go to bed. Then, in the middle of the story, he asked if we "had to read the whole thing" cuz he just wanted to go to sleep. My poor little angel.
He woke up twice asking for water, and just went right back to sleep.
Then, this morning, he requested milk... so we gave it a shot...... and up it came, as quickly as it went down. His response? "I don't think I will drink milk again until I feel better Mommmy." Ugh. Break my heart kid.
He has never thrown up, so the whole thing is super scary to him. Once, it's over, he's okay, but he gets really worked up and cries and cries. I feel the exact same way every time I puke. And I'm 36 not four. ;-)
Ugh. My poor, poor little man...... we need to let this yucky bug run its course. When Ally was younger she used to take days and days to recover...... I have to keep that in mind with him now. I especially have to remind myself when Ally (who I assume had same bug???) was better in a few hours after getting sick. This has hit him much harder. So young? First time? Who knows.... time will tell.
I will get through these next couple work days... and hopefully, he and I can get out and enjoy what should be some nice weather Thursday and Friday! Here's to hoping the weather man is right this time!
1 comment:
Oh so sorry about Luke...can't believe this is really the first time he had the stomach bug! Hope it gets out of him soon! Its beautiful here today...pushing 70!
Love to all.
Post a Comment