Sunday, March 25, 2012

Midland Meet....

Ally had her very first EVER gymnastics meet this past Friday.  All I can say, is it went AMAZING!!!  Amazing!!!  She rocked it.  Rocked it hard!!!!  She looked so, so nervous before. She really was. I could just take one look at her face and read what she was thinking.  She hardly smiled during warm ups. She looked like she was almost in a daze. I wouldn't call it "in the zone".... she's not quite like that yet.  Not able to focus like that.... she was truly taking it all in and trying to remain calm.... and not barf.  ;-)



First up:  Floor.  Her nemesis - back handspring.  I am thrilled to say... she did it.  Not only did she do it... but she rocked it.  I was so proud.  :-)



She was so happy after... first smiles of the night... and the smiles kept on coming....

Her vault was perfect.... her bars were a bit iffy.... but the entire team had a hard time on bars. Have no idea what was going on.  She got through them but flubbed up her back hip circle... still, she was happy after... smiling... and that's all that matters. I want her to have fun!!!  Love every minute of it... and it sure seemed she was....





Beam was last up.... and I think that was good for her.... because she built some confidence!!!!!




In the end, Ally took red (second) on floor, white (third) on bars, and blue (first on vault and beam). She was ecstatic. Her exact words after all was said and done "I never thought I would get two blues!"  She said the entire experience was "easier than she expected" and she had a BLAST!!!!  All smiles. I am so happy for her.

The entire experience was amazing for me too. I was just SO happy to see her so happy. She looked like she was having fun out there with friends... doing something she loved for the fun of it all.  I am so happy she has found something so awesome and team building that makes her so happy.  What a GREAT night for all of us!!!





Link to all photos:

Midland Meet

Link to video of routines:

Midland Routines

2 comments:

jane said...

She looks so good out there! So glad she had fun. Meets were always my favorite part :)

Kathy said...

I am SO HAPPY for her!!!! Good job Ally!!!!!