It's a new week my friends, and I am hoping and praying for a healthy one!!! I don't need puke in my future. I don't need achy, feverish, cranky, sad kids. I want to have a nice, normal, healthy week! There is much fun to be had this week.... and some beautiful weather to have it all in!
It's going to be in the 80s this week. The 80s!!!!!!!!! All of the sudden, it's shorts weather for my kids! Ally has exactly one pair of jean shorts that fit.... and two pair of uniform shorts. She is squeezing her feet onto her flip flops from last year. Looks like we have some shopping in our future. That's good and bad. Good, cuz I love to shop.... bad cuz we don't have a lot of extra funds this month with Spring Break right around the corner!
Luke has shorts galore... since he can wear all that he had last year. Today, he is wearing a pair of size 2 shorts. They fit perfect. He is my skinny boy...... and since shorts are made so ridiculously long... he can wear the same shorts for years. Lovely!
T-shirts are another story. I have to get him some more of those... in size 5s this summer. Some of his 4s are okay, but I have a problem with the "too short shirt" look. It just reminds me of 1980s half shirts. :-)))))))
So, we need to get Luke fitted for his summer Keen's (love those sandals for him!) and Ally needs lots of stuff ASAP.
Finding the time to get to Briarwood to do all that is a different story. This week is Girl Scouts on Thurdsay and Ally's meet is now Friday evening... so we will be headed to Bay City right after school Friday. It's nice because now it totally frees up my Saturday and Sunday... but makes for a hectic Friday and a late night for little ones.
I was home Thursday with a sick little girl... and I kept her home Friday as well. She was feeling better, but I knew she was still contagious and another day of "rest" is always nice. She and Luke played the day away together, and quite nicely I might add. It was twilight zone eery how well they played together Friday. The kicked off the day making an airport. One of their favorite activities is to pull items out of the recylcing bins and make things out of the items in there. I adore this activity. It makes a GIANT mess, but I am always amazed by their creativity!!!!
They played forever with this....... and then, as soon as Ally realized how gorgeous it was out... they went right outside. And there they stayed for hours and hours. Scott came home after South Haven and laid low... still not feeling 100%. We stayed in, got cheese pizza... and after the kids spent the day outside, they found a St. Patrick's Day movie they wanted to watch... so they did that together down in the basement.
I almost didn't know what to think....... they really spent the entire day, independently playing so well together with limited interaction from Scott and I. How much I am loving this age! :-)
Ally is coming into the age of really being able to take care of Luke and of being proud that she can. Although they fight as all siblings do... she can be SUCH a good, good big sister when she chooses to. And Friday... she chose to all day long.
Even Satruday... Ally went to gymnastics and I went to yoga, but when we returned... Scott went to golf and the kids... once again... just played. We went over to Jane and Adam's for dinner and to celebrate my Father-in-Law's birthday.... and all the cousins just ran around in the backyard and played. While the adults sat and ate and drank. It was a much more subdued birthday than my Father-in-Law is used to... as EVERYONE was coming off the stomach bug, but me.... I think he gets a do-over. What's St. Patrick's Day/Your Birthday without a drinking bash?????? I felt so bad for him.
Sunday... we went up to Lansing because he wanted to go to House of Ing... and it was Luke's turn to not feel well, again. He quickly rebounded though. It seemed as if he was getting sick all over again... but a trip to the bathroom soon had him feeling 100% again. He and Ally are back to school today, seemingly feeling great!
Ally has a field trip to Impression 5 today.... Luke has one to the Dhalem Center tomorrow! What a wonderful day to go out to the Dhalem Center! His favorite part is going on the bus though. He is SOOOO excited to go on the bus.
Two more practices for Ally before her meet on Friday! She is excited, but nervous. So nervous. This will get worse as the week wears on. I just need to get her there and hand her off ASAP to her coach. I make it worse. I am always in awe of how I can sometimes bring out the worst in her. Okay... this is a strong statement and mostly untrue.... but it is sometimes how I truly feel. I know in my heart that she can fall apart/rage/do what she needs to do with me because she is at home in my presence and I give her a level of comfort to truly be who she needs to be and express any emotion she needs to express. But... damn... that sucks sometimes! ;-)
She just needs to get this meet behind her and prove to herself she can do it... no matter "how" she does! She will do great in our eyes....... she has come so far and learned so much. Most of all, she has so much fun..... which is truly the most important part. This is all supposed to be fun!!!!
So, I am looking forward to a week of fun!
In other wonderful news........... being home for a few days allowed me to get completely caught up on Project Life!!! I completed 2011's album....... and am up to day on 2012's album! I got the Cobal Edition.... and I love, love, love the new binders! So much so, that I am replacing the Turquoise one from last year....... the quality is so much better and I like the look of them more. ;-)
Feeling good... feel spring coming.... filled with hope and happiness! Love me some warm weather!
2 comments:
Have a Great Spring week!!!!
I just ordered the Cobalt too! I wanted Clementine, but oh well. Time to start on 2012!! :)
Post a Comment