So, on a morning show I listen to in the morning while I am getting ready, the topic of the day was "when do you no longer enjoy celebrating your birthday?"
Many people were calling in, saying after 21, after 29, and someone even said after about 10. WTF is wrong with you people???? Birthdays are ALWAYS for celebrating!!!!!!
I have said it before and I will say it again...... your birthday should be a GREAT day! I love birthdays. I celebrate mine all week long!!!! I love to make a HUGE deal out of it. I want everyone to feel special on their day. Everyone deserves this, no matter if you are 4, 40 or 84..... your birthday should be special!
I credit my family for my feelings in this regard. We always celebrated birthdays together. Home made cake and singing around the kitchen table at my Grandma's house... not an aunt, uncle, cousin, or grandparent's special day went by without us all joining around the formica table in the orange kitchen! Oh how I remember those orange cabinets grandma!!!!
We gathered for a family picture. We smiled. We were HAPPY! We gave gifts. We had banners. We sometimes had ballons and streamers too. We were together and we CELEBRATED!!!!
I love celelbrating. I think there are so many moments in life that should be made into a big deal. Because they ARE big deals. Good report cards. Great gymnastics meets. New schools. New jobs. Promotions. New babies. Anniversaries. And hell to the yes... BIRTHDAYS!
Celebrate the crap out of life people!!!! You will never regret it!
2 comments:
AMEN...!! How old were you when she still had the orange cabinets????
Yahoo for the old orange cabinets...as Baba would say ..."them were the days"...WE DID HAVE FUN,pool,parties,cakes, signs galore, sto lat, always a special day for someone...I MISS THOSE DAYS SO VERY, VERY MUCH...Gramma Z
Post a Comment