The little man is bouncing back! He was so much more himself yesterday at dinner. I made him eggs and toast... something easy on his tummy.... and while he didn't eat a ton, he DID eat and keep it down.... so that's good.
More than eating though, he's back to being his little crazy self. He actually played and acted silly. He got on the subject of school and going back today... and Ally asked him if his best friend was Joey. He replied "yes, but I love you more than Joey Ally"
Okay.... cue Mommy cry moment. Most adorable thing ever.
What did Ally say or do? Nothing of course. That is so sad to me. She just looks at him and grins. But, she does not tell him she loves him too. She does not even say thank you. She just sits uncomfortably. She doesn't know what to do in the moment.
Sigh.
Luke is so loving and easily shows it. Ally has a harder time. I accept this. I try to fight it...understand it... fix it... but really, I just must accept who she is and what she is capable of... and what she is incapable of. Hard, hard, hard........ so freakin' hard.
Not to mention... I love to play the blame game. I must have done this to her. I must have taught her to react like this. This is my fault. How do I fix it? Stop it? Make it go away? Change her at her very core?
Parenting...... it has its wonderful moments like Luke gave us last night. It has it's challenges that seem impossible to overcome.... like Ally gives me from time to time.
You take the good and the bad and those who are lucky, learn from it all......
I'm a life-long learner. :-)
1 comment:
Glad to hear about Luke...Ally prob knows she loves Luke, but can't say the words...just doesn't come easy...but she shows it in other ways when its just the two of them against strangers...very protective of him. Comes in spurts...
Post a Comment