Today was dress as a Dr. Seuss Character at school (to kick off reading month!) and Ally went as Thing One...
Not the best lighting..... but she is wearing red yoga pants, a red t-shirt and a blue fuzzy hat. Scott and Tony went ALL over Jackson ysterday to assemble this lovely outfit........ they went to Walmart.... some crazy Beauty Supply store..... Hot Topic....... Kohls...... Sears....... you name it. They were hilarious. And quite proud of themselves. Pretty sure the hat cost $2. The pants cost $5. And the shirt cost $3. Fantastic.
Ally made the white circle that says Thing 1 herself out of an old pillowcase (I helped cut the circle, she did the writing) ......... she is very proud!
What a morning we had..... things were going so well. Too well. We were so prepared this morning. Made Luke's lunch last night. Got everything ready to go like we should each evening! Scott left with the kids... and as I was grabbing my keys to start my car prior to my leaving.....I realized I didn't have my keys at all. You know when you have that sinking feeling in your heart....... I had that because I recalled that the last time we took my car anywhere, Scott drove and I just knew the keys were likely in his coat pocket, in Jackson.
Made a phone call to my hubby and sure enough...... he had them. Of course, we have NO IDEA where the second set is. He is dropping Luke off, so he heads home as soon as he can after that..... but in the meantime..... he gets pulled over.
The cop asks him if he's been in an argument this morning. Hmmm..... odd. He says "no" and wonders WFT??? Eventually they figure out the cop has the wrong guy..... whoever he was looking for, and for whatever reason..... it wasn't Scott. So, Scott finally makes his way back home to bring me my keys.
I use my time wisely, jumping on work email. Sending out Girl Scout reminder emails for cookie pick up tomorrow. And printing out my coupon for a free Latte at Jackson Coffee today because they are celebrating their big win as Jackson's Favorite Coffee!!!
Ally and I resume our coffee/homework date after school! It's been a couple months and we have missed it. I know she has surely missed it because she told me how much she was looking forward to it. That fills me with joy. :-)
It's going to be a great Monday blog friends!
1 comment:
Thing One looks great...especially the circle!!!!
Post a Comment