Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend in Review...

So.. we had a pretty good weekend overall! Didn't too all that much, but isn't that what weekends are for sometimes? Just to chill?

First of all... our house had gone to hell by the end of the week. Literally. It was a DISASTER!!!! All week long, we just let the mess pile up. One of us was always working late or I was traveling... so the one home, just had kid duty and then passed out. Dishes piled up. Toys strewn everywhere. There wasn't a clean surface in sight.... Please dear God... send me an Alice soon!

Even Friday night, Scott and I just came home and passed out. LAZY! Put off until tomorrow what you SHOULD do today I always say! And we did.........

Come Saturday morning... we had had our limit. Something had to be done!

Scott went to run a couple errands and took Ally.... I promised that I would clean the kitchen while he was gone........

So... off he went. I got on the computer... for JUST a quick second. Facebook. Blogs. iTunes. Just a little while. Okay... kitchen... focus... took the garbage out... started to throw things away.... went in my room and decided to try some things on..... clean out my closet.....??? WTF? Do I have NO ABILITY TO FOCUS????

I walk back to get to the kitchen... and Kristen calls.... :-))))) LOL! I'm on the phone with her... and Scott pulls in the driveway! AHHHHH!!!! I tell her I have to go... I'm a dead woman!

Scott walks in and gives me this look. He is speechless.

I get to work............

The kitchen was spotless... eventually! ;-)

We picked up the entire house that early afternoon.... and then, later that evening went out to the mall and grabbed Applebees for dinner. I had to do the dreaded "bra shopping!" :-) Scott could not even believe how long it took me. It takes forever to do that!!!!!!! And, I still made bad decisions and had to go back yesterday to make exchanges.

While Scott took Ally to the free swim at the Y yesterday, I attempted to run errands with Luke. Exchanges at Victoria's Secret. Snowpants and boots for Ally. Ugh. That boy is HORRID to shop with!!!!!!!!!!! He refused to eat while we were out and about... and hated the stroller. Fought against the straps as if to say "let me out of here woman!!!!" You can't keep a boy down. He does not enjoy being restrained. UGH!

He is just SO DIFFERENT from Ally in so many ways! She was a fabulous, content shopping buddy! He is all boy. No shopping. No restraints. No multi-tasking! Not an easy going bone in that boy's body.

I finally just sent Scott a text asking him to get me a few things after swimming... and took the boy home! Of course, he fell asleep on the way home for a few minutes... and then, would NOT NAP at all that afternoon! So... we had a grumpy gus on our hands ALL EVENING LONG! We could not put him down soon enough. I think it was like 10 to 7 when we finally said "ENOUGH!"

HA! He still slept all night until almost 8:00 am!

And... now we begin another busy work week! Good times......... but... this is the week of hair cut and color.... and Chicago this weekend!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: