It's kind of been the weekend of food around here. First of all, I am FINALLY fully healthy and along with that health, my appetite has returned. Also, my energy to actually cook... or go to the grocery store for that matter!!!!
On Saturday morning, I braved Meijer. And, I do mean BRAVED! It was crazy busy... I had to wait for a shopping cart.... fight hordes of people in every aisle and wait in a check out line that wrapped around like the wait for a roller coaster at Cedar Point!
But... I was a better person... and I bought my family some much needed food!!!!!!!
This weekend, I made Luke some food to have on hand... some pears, squash, sweet potatoes, apples... you get the idea. I also got him some more yogurt, goat cheese, rice cakes, cereal bars and a few jars of emergency baby food! But... more importantly.... I decided to feed the boy pretty much whatever we ate!
I made lasagna this weekend... I made blueberry muffins and turkey sausage. The boy ate it all! He LOVES lasagna! We are giving him whatever we eat... and supplementing it with some mashed food to make sure he gets enough. He's been pretty fussy lately, and we are wondering if he is just HUNGRY! Trying to feed him more and more "table food" is hard cuz it just doesn't feel like he's eating enough.
For lunch today, he had yogurt with pears and squash. He had like two HUGE bowls of each. Scott just kept feeding him! And... after that... he was happier than he was all morning after just having had some muffin and sausage. I should have fed him oatmeal then.... but didn't.
He had lasagna last night for dinner... which I supplemented with avocado and applesauce. He definitely had plenty then too.
So.... I've learned to feed him what we're eating... but offer him the food he's comfortable with too that I know will fill him up!!!!!!
I just got an email from Jane today about going to Dream Dinners on Thursday and I am SO EXCITED... cuz this is the push I need to go! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!
Of course, I am traveling this week and gone two nights... Scott and Ally will likely live on the leftover lasagna! :-) At least this week, I leave them with some food options!!!! Look at me... trying to be a better person!!!
2 comments:
Thats what the dr told us at Grace's one year, give her whatever you are eating. She was so happy to be rid of that baby food stuff!
Glad you are going to Dream Dinners with me. It will be so nice to have on hand.
That's what we feed Ty too...anything we eat. In fact, now he gets UPSET if we don't feed him what we're eating!! I usually prepare a couple breasts of chicken for him...which lasts him the whole week. He also LOVES cheese...and beans...he devours beans! Not sure if you've ever tried these...but our boys LOVE Brothers All Natural fruit chips (www.brothersallnatural.com). Their favs are bananas, apples, pears and strawberries. They aren't so keen on the pineapple. They're great because they're all natural...and melt in your mouth...and free shipping!! I'll bring you a few to try on our next trip to Jax!
Post a Comment