Watch out world... I'm a woman with PMS who is stressed with work... with life... who is tired as hell... and badly in need of a cut and color! Grey roots be damned!!!!
Just typing that... I am wondering if this all can't be fixed with that trip to the salon! LOL! Ah.. there is at least one in my future. If I can figure out a way to work around everything else I need to do and get there!
I have rescheduled this hair appointment a few times... and I have to call and reschedule it again. I NEED it next week as I just can't make it any longer than that.... when my hair gets out of control... so do I. Superficial? Shallow? Call it what you will. It's a fact of life with me. I accept it. You should too. ;-)
In the midst of all this craziness swirling around me... it hit me hard last night that Ally has really grown in the past few months. Not necessarily physically, although she has done that... but emotionally.
We used to have SUCH AWFUL problems with her. She had fits of borderline rage from time to time. It really frightened us to the point where we sought out the help of a therapist. We got a LOT of great help and advice from this therapist and implemented some of that into our discipline of Ally... but that can't be ALL of what has changed her.
She also really seems to LOVE school... it's structure... the kids.. the teacher and everything about it. I think that is the number one reason she is so much better behaved.
So... what does that say about before? Was she bored with where she went to preschool? With Y Camp? Was it not structured enough? Was she not challenged enough? What is motivating her to be a "better person?" (so many of you know that's one of my favorite phrases!!!)
Maybe she's just also matured a bit... grown into herself. She is such a smart little girl. And, I say that matter-of-factly... not in a "I'm her mom and she's the smartest kid" kind of way. She really is a smart cookie. Maybe it's true and her emotional state is catching up with her intelligence. What's helping that? What was hindering it before? Most of all... why does it MATTER?
All I know is that I like this Ally so much better! There were many days there that I did not LIKE my little girl. I always loved her. But, sometimes, she scared the crap out of me. I was convinced for quite some time that she was going to grow up to be a serial killer or maybe president. Either way..... ;-)
I try to stop and be thankful every once in a while... in the midst of all that is crazy going on in my life... and remember the hard times that are now, hopefully, behind us. I know I still have the teenage years to look forward to... but for now, I will bask in THIS moment....
4 comments:
Can't wait to see that little girl...and Luke, too!!! Soon enough!
I am a raging woman with PMS today, too. Oh, and lack of sleep. :) hahaha. We would be one fiesty pair, wouldn't we???
Have a great weekend.
Have fun in Chicago this weekend. That will be a cure for all that ails you :)
Chicago is next weekend! I'm here in the gloomy weather this weekend!!!!
Post a Comment