Monday, November 3, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now...

I can see the light at the end of my tunnel! I cannot TELL you how much better I am feeling... thank god for the modern invention of antibiotics! Thank god I finally went to the doctor! And even a thanks to all of you who wouldn't get off my back about NOT going to the doctor. I went. I'm on the road to recovery. All is going to be right with the world again....

When you are sick... for so long... it is easy to let the weight of the world get you down. I cannot imagine what the truly sick go through. I felt depressed with just a cold turned pneumonia. It gives you a glimpse into what it must feel like to really be down and out with a real ilness. Now, in the process of "feeling better"... I almost feel eurphoric! It's like a high! I had forgotten what it is like to feel GOOD!

Four weeks of hell.... coming to an end...... thank God!

Everyone seems to be adjusting to the time change well! Luke slept until the real 7:30 this morning, which would have felt like 8:30 to him... but is his usual wake up time... so I am thrilled with that! It was a struggle keeping him awake until 7:00 pm last night, but we made it... and hopefully, he will stay on track with the time change! That would be nice.

He still continues to sleep straight through the night. Making him cry... BEST THING WE EVER DID! I don't know if he was just ready or if we could have done it sooner... but it doesn't matter now. He is sleeping. We are sleeping. The relief is overwhelming!

Ally doesn't have school today. I am truly amazed at how many days off they have already had in this school year! She was thrilled to spend the day with Luke, Gracie, Nana and Papa. Nana made her Pumpkin Pancakes this morning and she was giddy! She couldn't even wait to get there this morning... so I took her and Luke and came back home to finish getting ready. I knew I couldn't stand an hour of constant "are you ready yet?"

Scott and I were just talking last night about the crazy turn-around in Ally's behavior lately. She is almost a whole new kid. Since starting Kindergarten, we have virtually had no behavior issues with her. Of course, I think through the help we sought out, we have made some changes in our ways too, but overall... she is being GREAT!!!!!

She continues to absolutely love school and her friends and teacher. She talks about Mrs. Spicer all the time and had to make a picture for her this weekend. I think that Mrs. Spicer is a perfect match for Ally... Ally respects her and loves her... a great combination!

Look at this positive post from me!!!!!!! I hope to have many, many more positive things to say this month as I embark upon this "one post for every day of the month" effort. Of course, I cannot recall the actual acronym for it right now... hmmm???? NaBloPoMo? Is that right? HA! I crack myself up......

Anywho... will save more for tomorrow... going to need to save my topics to make it the full 30 days!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

So Glad to hear you are feeling better!!! YAY!!! Ally will be your perfect straight-A student...just watch!!! And Luke, if he's not the star of the football team, I'll be surprised...Mr. Bruiser! Love you, Mom