Sunday, November 23, 2008

Chillin' in the Windy City...

Ally and I traveled to Chicago early Saturday!  We had a great Mommy/Daughter weekend with Beth and Isabel (and Eli too!). Beth's husband, Scott was out of town for work, so it was just us moms and the kids!  Saturday evening, we made our way downtown to Michigan Avenue for the annual Lighting of Michigan Avenue parade.  It's the start of the Christmas season for Chicago... and as the first float of the parade makes its way down Michigan Ave (with Mickey Mouse at the helm!)... the lights on Michigan Ave come on. It was really a pretty cool sight!!!!

It was pretty chilly and MORE than crazy with a zillion people.... but the kids had so much fun!  Here are Ally and Isabel cheesin' it up in their "matching" hats!  This always happens!  Beth and I tend to get them such similar things no matter what the season! 



Here are the girls with their little prince for the evening, Eli.  Ally absolutely loves Eli and loves to play with him almost as much as Isabel when we visit the Hopson family!



Before we got out of the house for the evening, the girls had to run around and dance like the wild children that they are.... hardly stopping to pose for me as I demanded every five minutes!



They are such gorgeous little girls... and such good friends!  I absolutely love taking Ally into Chicago. The look on her face every time we drive into the city is priceless.  She just lights up from head to toe! She loves seeing the buildings in the distance as we drive down the Skyway. She loves seeing Lake Michigan as we drive up Lakeshore on our way up to Beth's!  She's giddy as we go!!!!!

After the parade, Chelsea joined Beth and I for a really great "girls' night in!"  We drank LOTS (read too much!) wine and talked the night away.  It always feels so good to catch up with my girls... and I treasure their friendship more than anything!!!!  We had a great talk.... 

More about the rest of the weekend later... I am absolutely exhausted and must get to sleep!  While this is a short work week (only working tomorrow - so short is an understatement!), we leave for Vegas for the Thanksgiving holidays on Tuesday so there is MUCH TO DO to prepare!


No comments: