Hello!?!? Anyone out there? Wow... it's been a LONG time since I've blogged!!!!! I have so much to tell you! Well, maybe not really..... a lot happened... but not like anything major! No major announcement.... I'm not pregnant, no new job, no new house... nothing like THAT.... but it has been a crazy few weeks and I decided not to add to any of my stress by feeling like I "needed" to blog! I like to blog... but I will never add it to a list of things I must do..... know what I mean??
Anywho...... ever since Luke's birthday party on Dec. 18.... we have been going, going, going like the Energizer Bunny! It's been awesome, but I'm glad it's over now! I am ready to get back into the routine of life. Ready for the kids to go back to school. They have had enough together time. Ally can't even speak nicely to her brother anymore, she is so annoyed by him. Everyone is just fried I think.
Not to mention, they have been up at all hours.... there has been no real bedtime to speak of.... and they have been sleeping until 9 or 10 am each morning. Tomorrow morning is going to be pretty brutal for them! Ally's alarm goes off at 6:30 am!!!!!
We had an amazing few weeks......... saw a whole lot of family for Luke's brithday party on the 18th.... then, celebrated again with him and immediate family on his actual birthday, the 20th. We hosted the extended McIntosh family Christmas on Friday, Dec. 23rd and had a blast playing Apples to Apples and doing family shots. The family that does shots together, stays together. Christmas Eve was spent going to mass and going to my Grandma's to be with my Mom and side of the family. Christmas Day was spent at home in the morning and at Scott's parents the rest of the day. The day after Christmas, Scott puked all day. :(
It was a huge bummer.... and all I could think was..... when will the rest of us fall??? Adam started puking at the same time, so wherever it came from... Scott and Adam got it together....... it roared through the Dawsons, but we were spared. I have no idea how the kids and I made it out alive, but we did and I could not be more grateful. I hate stomach bugs. Scott was down and out for two days after that. The kids and I spent the day after Christmas at home, and even slept in the living room to avoid going near the side of the house Scott was on. I cleaned like a fool behind him.... event using the bleach right on my hands... I was desperate!
Tuesday, the kids I needed to get out... so we went to Briarwood.... and Toys R Us. They got some gift cards for Christmas, so I let them spend those... and Ally and I did some shopping for her birthday, which is coming up on Jan. 25th. We had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen -- a fave of my kids.... and came home in time to go to bed!
Wednesday, Scott was feeling better! Thank god! I had some plans to get out and away from my kids for a bit... so grabbed Sushi with Katie... and went to visit my cousins for a bit..... the Wednesday night, we had dinner and drinks with some friends in town and had a great night laughing... and laughing.... and preparing.......
For Thursday was Cuzins Night!!!!! Each year, we try to get together when all my Cousins are in from out of town... we do a bar crawl and this time we added Ugly Christmas Sweaters to the mix!!! It was so much fun! Pictures to follow!!!!!! :-)
Friday we went out with the kids... a movie (we saw We Bought a Zoo -- great movie!) and dinner at the Wings Place in town. YUM!!!!
My brother, sister in law and niece arrived Friday night to stay for a few days!
Saturday, New Year's Eve... we went back to my Grandma's, where a whole bunch of my family was getting together to ring in the new year! We played games, ate good food and drank great wine. It was a great way to ring in 2012!!!!
Sunday, we made our way to my Dad's house in Plainwell, and promptly got snowed in! So, we spent the night and made our way home Monday! It was a lot of fun hanging with that side of the fam, even if it was totally exhausting for all of us!
Monday, we went to the McIntosh's to watch the MSU game and then, my mother in law graciously offered to keep my children overnight so we could go home and clean the DISASTER that was our house after all that we did the last couple weeks! Whew.........
We got Christmas out of my house last night... and things mostly in order.... and it feels so good to be back at work and have the kids going back to school tomorrow! A little routine and order is a good, good thing!
Promise to post some pictures of all our holiday fun soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy New Year blog friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment