You can tell it's a busy, busy time of year! Not too many people are blogging - myself included! Life has been moving pretty quickly these past few weeks, and I am looking forward to things slowing down ever so slightly, when I get to at least be done with work....
... AS OF TODAY! HOORAY!
So, yes, I am done with work for the year. The next time I will be sitting here at this desk is on January 3, 2012 baby! Ah... that feels nice.
The kids still have school two days next week! I am going to take FULL advantage of those days and get my shopping done and gifts wrapped!!!! Then, starting Wednesday, we are home together for the rest of the year. Scott still has to work next week until at least Thursday.... then, he too will be off with us until Jan. 3. :-) I love that time off together. You think you are going to have so much time... and it always goes so super fast.
We have a ton of plans already for our time off. Dinners out with friends. A huge cuzins night bar crawl.... ugly Christmas sweater style! A visit from my brother and family from Maryland. And visits to my Dad's in Plainwell. Whew!!! Good stuff.
As I wrap up my work week here, I have much to do the rest of the week! Tomorrow I have appointments all day - Luke is going to school because it's his Christmas Party! Ally has her Christmas Concert in the afternoon and tomorrow evening. I go to both performances because I am THAT Mom. ;-) I am having a girls dinner out Friday. And then, this weekend is the big firetruck birthday party for a very special four year old! One of my besties will be coming into town Saturday to stay the weekend and help us prepare for the big day.
The list is endless - the things I still need to do and get for the party. I think the ONLY thing I have as of now are the party hats and the cupcake toppers! Better bust a move!
I am really looking forward to Ally's concert tomorrow. There are no words for how it moved me last year. It was absolutely adorable. Seriously, one of the most amazing sights to see is a school of 300 plus kids all sing a song together for the finale, singing the praises of the real reason for the season. If that doesn't bring a tear of pure joy to your eye, you better check your pulse. It is awesome.
I know I talk a lot about how much I love our school... but I don't tend to overstate things. I truly feel it. I truly do love the school Ally attends. We are blessed to have the means to send her there. I truly feel thankful beyond words.
I do have a bunch of fun pictures and updates! Since I last blogged, we got our tree and decorated it... had brunch with Santa where my kids actually sat with Santa. This was a HUGE moment.... for Ally because she's almost nine and has never approached Santa... and for Luke, because, well... he's Luke and he doesn't approach anyone!!!!!!!
Ally and I also went to see one of her besties in a performance of the Nutcracker... had a great time and I have some adorable pictures from that! Was so much fun to watch all those little girls support her in her performance...... girlfriends are the cornerstone of life at any age.
So.... I will soon post these amazing pics and give more updates.... right now, I must wrap up my last work day.... and get on the party planning!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment