For now anyway..... I will soon be heading out to pick up four very excited little girls to go out to dinner in Lansing and go to the MSU Gymnastics meet this evening! Always lots of fun to watch them. :)
But, today I feel so accomplished. So full of energy. So good! Could it be the sunny/warm weather? That's a possibility! Could it be all the talk of this year being "the year of dreams" that I am giddy with anticipation of what I can MAKE happen? I think it's that too! Could it be that I am supposed to be having my period right now and I am not due to a very successful surgery. Hells to the yeah! It is so many things. I always CHOOSE to feel blessed. My life is full of goodness....
Yeah, I get bogged down... stressed out... overwhelmed.... pissed off... impatient and angry as hell.... but all in all.... life is good and I am smiling.
I am sitting here, taking a "me moment" ... sitting in the midst of a very clean house. Laundry is in the process of being done. I can hear the dishwasher humming. Luke is sleeping. A babysitter will arrive within the hour. I am showered and dressed in my green and white. I am sipping on green tea. I am feeling utterly peaceful and reflective about the past year... as I ponder the dreams I have for this year.
2011 was a damn good year. Nothing extraordinary happened. I didn't get married, have any babies, win the lotto or buy my dream house. It was a lot of little things that made the year great. A wonderful family vacation to Cape Hatteras. A wonderful new school for Ally. School for Luke. A flurry of activities for both kids. Making lots of new girl/mom friends. Making lots of new couple/family friends. Doing LOTS with those friends. Joining the Country Club. Watching Luke take on the water. Watching Ally learn to golf. Watching Ally excel at gymnastics. Watching her make new friends. Watching them both grow and mature. Deepening my relationship with my husband. Taking trips, just he and I... two to be exact.. Mexico and San Francisco. We are so blessed to have that time. Having FUN..... so very much fun in all that we do. Letting go of the little things. Focusing on the big picture. Living in our moments.
I find I am more at peace with life, MY life... than I have ever been before. I find the tough times more bearable. I can even find them laughable. I find all the hell I have been through in my life makes me a damn tolerant, wonderful, understanding and tough as shit person. I like this person. I like being in my 30s..... closer to 40 than 30 now. I love this. I love that my kids are at the age where they are older and easier to travel with. That they will sleep on the floor places. That they will take trips in a car. I love the age they are right now.... right now. And I know that I will love the age they are next year, and the year after that. I love growing with them.
2011 was a good, good year. I love that I work less than I am home. I love that I never stay home even when I can. I love that my house is usually a big ole mess cuz we are always on the go! I love that sometimes I go to bed at 8:30 when my kids do. I love that I don't care that 8:30 is a ridiculous time to go to bed. I love sleep. :-)
I love that I have a hairdresser in Jackson now! And that she rocks! I love the new salon I go to.
I love that I find ways to make life simpler, easier and to do the things that are more important and fun to me, each and every day.
I am in a really good place in life.... and I am so blessed to be here. I deserve to be here. I was always destined to be here.
I hope you have found that place too.....
1 comment:
Wow...I love that you are so happy and blessed! So different from some of the rantings in the past!
I love YOU sweetheart, and wish you the best always!!!
Post a Comment