My friend and fellow blogger introduced me to the concept of a "Word for Your Year." Something to focus on... a goal of sorts... and I love this idea! I have seen many others embrace the concept. Simple Mom does it. Others. I am going to choose a word for my year.... that sums up what I would like to work on and accomplish in the coming months, weeks and days.... and that word is:
PATIENCE
Such a simple concept. A simple word. A HUGE reach for me. Although I didn't specifically state it or write it down anywhere, my word for last year would have been EMPATHY. My biggest challenge last year was dealing with Ally. Learning how to parent her as she needs to be parented. Learning to compromise my ideals of what I wish her to be with what she is. And truly learning to empathize with her reactions and feelings... accepting them.... and allowing her to feel them through and deal on her own.
My biggest challenge for last year was learning to empathize and leave it. Not squash her disappointment. And it's working....... it's effective. It is what she needs to feel that her feelings are accepted, no matter how wrong they may seem to most.
So...... along that same line...... I choose patience as my word for this year. I would like to continue to work on my offering of empathy to both my kids.... and I would like to be a more patient person as I do all of this. I struggle with patience, not only with my children, but in so, so many aspects of my life.
"I want it all.... and I want it now." :-) Words from a song that is one of my hubby's many, many theme songs for me.
Patience shall be my mantra for 2012. I will chant it. Repeat it until I believe it. Until I live it.
We shall see how it goes.............. ;-)
My weekly goal:
This week my goal is to get back on the spinning bike!!!! I have been lucky enough to incorporate three yoga classes into my week. I am taking yoga on Monday, Wednesday and Saturdays now... and loving every minute of it. Yoga sings to me like S Factor sang to me. I relate to it in the exact same way. It's about YOUR journey... your practice.... all about YOU...... and it's done at a pace that suits you. I cannot tell you how much yoga has changed my life. And as I continue to grow in my practice and increase my classes, I fall deeper in love with all of it........
That said... I feel workout wise, I need to increase my cardio. Christmas was not kind to me. I feel like I put on a fine layer of fat everywhere. I know this did not likely happen just at Christmas... but rather, slowly over a period of time. But... I have finally reached that point where I can feel and see a difference in my body and feel that clothes fit different... so I must, must, must do something about it.
So, this week, I would like to spin AT LEAST once, if not twice...... on a day that I don't have yoga. So, that gives me Tuesday, Thursday or Friday......
We shall see how it goes!
Last week's goal was accomplished and it felt great! Today, I will hit the store once again and do all the shopping for this week's meals, which are as follows:
Monday - Leftover beef tips (Scott's choice as today is his birthday!), noodles, green beans
Tuesday - Salmon, Wild Rice, Asparagus
Wednesday - Mushroom Chicken, Yellow Potatoes, Broccoli
Thursday - Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta, Spinach
Friday - Leftovers or go out
1 comment:
Can I come to your house to eat????
Post a Comment