Monday, January 23, 2012

Oh So Sick....

Last week, I felt as if I was fighting something. There was a tickle at the back of my throat. I felt a bit more tired than usual. I had a dry cough that wouldn't subside......

But, last night, after working out (which I felt GREAT doing!), I came home and this cold that I thought for sure I could beat off with a stick... took a strong hold of me.

Today I am sick as hell.  And it really, really sucks.

It sucks because I have so much to do. So much. This is a bad week. Argue away that any week is a bad week to be sick.  I will argue back. THIS is a bad week. This week is my baby girl's birthday week.  Wednesday is her day. We have dinner plans that evening.  I have Girl Scouts this Thursday. I have a wine event with girl friends Thursday night after my time with 20 Brownies.  It's Kids' Night Out at the Club Friday night and the kids are having caricatures made and they get to decorate themselves.They are so excited for this. I have Ally's birthday party with her friends Saturday. A big Diva event. I must be on for this.  I have her Daddy/Daughter Dance Saturday. I have Ladies Night at Daryl's while the Daddies are with their daugthers Saturday.

I have DI today after school...... ugh.... ugh.... ugh....

I have, I have, I have............. NO TIME to be sick... and no time to take to recover. I have work. I have children to feed and clothe and drive from event to event. I am Mom. I don't get a sick day.  For some reason, this makes me sad. It makes me feel like a failure. Above all things... I despise being sick. It actually makes me angry.  No lie. Angry.

So, I am keeping my goal simple this week because I must go easy on myself.  My goal is to get healthy..... come hell or high water..... I need to find some down time... take what I can get.... and get better for all the people in my life who need me.... and for me.

Say a little prayer for me............... and Luke as he is up all night with the cough now too (read: Mommy up with him!!!)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Take care of yourself honey...ZICAM and chicken soup!!!!

Get better soon!

Love,
Mom