Ugh. Luke was a beast at lunch. A. Beast. He's not feeling well. I can tell. It does NOT excuse his behavior.... but I know he's not feeling 100% cuz I too am fighting off this cold or whatever it is. It's not awful... just something in the background. He started coughing a bit today. Lovely.
So.... we get to Slice of Spice to meet Jeanne.... and Luke instantly turns into little agressive boy. Luke is SO NOT an agressive boy. He doesn't want me to look at him or talk to him and he is all worked up about something.
We take a little trip to the bathroom where I tell him to straighten the ef up. Not in those words. Promise. But, I will not tolerate his crap. He can tell. He calms down.
It's still a struggle. I despise the balancing act when he acts this way. I know it's not his favorite thing to do.... sit while Mommy and a friend talk... but I cannot and will not live my life completely dictated by my children's wants and needs. They need to learn that life does not revolve around them... sometimes we do something we don't want to do... and sometimes we have to sit and be the kid for a moment while Mommy has lunch.
Luke started to wind up toward the end. So much so, that he pushed his chair right back and BONK.... down he went. Second time he has done this at this restaurant.
I am not swayed. I will not give up. We will keep going out and Luke will learn to act like a decent human being. Grumpy little poop head.
Came home. He went straight to bed. Arguing all the while. Tough little man. It's nap time once again for you.........
Mommy is going to make a pot of tea and chill.
I will save the wine for later......
No comments:
Post a Comment