It's my right.... right??? To brag a LITTLE bit about my kids. I know it's annoying. I know they hate it. But, they don't sit around reading my blog and if YOU are reading my blog, you are probably not too offended either.... so here I go!!!!
Luke is growing and learning in leaps and bounds this year!! (and when I say this year, I mean this "school year.") He knows his letters.... can write some of them... can spell his name... and he is starting to sound out letters and words and is showing all the signs of reading readiness! I remember when Ally did all these things... how I was in awe at the way they just all of the sudden, start to learn and read and write.... it just seems to explode!
He's really into painting these days. As I write this, he is sitting across from me on the table, painting away. Yesterday he made a few things.... something for Daddy and something for Grandma Kathy:
The second picture is a self portrait. Luke wanted to send Grandma a picture of himself. I love that he just has this GIANT grin on his face. Adorable.
I know I suck about posting pics lately. I didn't keep up very well over the Christmas holidays, but I did update the Mobile Me Gallery (to the right) with albums of Christmas pictures. So, hopefully you can take a look over there and enjoy.
Luke and I didn't do a thing yesterday. It was a lazy day at home. He even took a nap because he woke up so early (read - Ally and her LOUD self woke him up so early). Then, when we went to get Ally from school, she was invited to a friend's house to do homework and play for the evening.... so Luke and I were, once again.... lazy. It was lovely. We needed the down day.
I was supposed to meet Kristen to work out after her kids went down... but Scott ended up having to work late... so that did NOT happen. Which means I have to get my cardio in (bike!) today or I fail at my goal.... and failure is NOT an option. So.... spin I will!!!
We have plans to meet up with a friend for lunch this afternoon.... then, no real plans for the rest of the day! I plan to make the scampi for dinner tonite, so I need to get to Prime Cuts and get some fresh shrimp. Cannot wait for dinner. YUM!!!
Thinking family game night this evening...... that sounds like a great plan!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment