I think I would like to meet the woman who wrote this:
Don't Carpe Diem
I really do. My sister in law, Jane posted this to Facebook today and I have read it no less than ten times. Hysterically laughing each time. Tears are streaming down my face. And I am in my office. People probably think I am really passionate about my work right now.
OMG it is the best. Seriously.
I have felt what she is saying for so, so long! All the people out there who tell me that time goes too fast and to enjoy every single moment. Whatever. There are days I long for the day my children are at college and I have more time than I know what to do with. Because I guarantee you.... I will have things to do with my time. :-)
I too count the hours until bedtime some days.......
Sometimes I lie and put them to bed an hour early. "NO, I swear it's 8:00! Does that clock say 7?? The battery must have died."
I have moments of pure joy. These moments are surrounded by pure shit. I take the shit with the joy. That does not mean I enjoy the shit. I do not. In these moments I wonder why I ever had children. My children are hard. They can make my days hell. Sometimes I go for days without a good feeling toward them. Wait. That's not true. I like them when they are sleeping.
Parenting is HARD people. If it is easy for you... you are lucky. I also think you are either clinically insane ore a pathological liar. If you enjoy every moment... you must just be smoking crack.
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy. Not parenting. Not marriage. Not jobs. Not life. If it were easy, what would the fun in THAT be? So if it's not always rainbows and butterflies how are you supposed to love every moment. Why can't hating a moment here and there be acceptable???
So... it's true. You cannot seize the day. Sometimes, you gotta drink yourself a bottle of wine and forget the day ever happened..............
Amen sister.
Carry on warriors...........
Update: I found Glennon (the author's) blog and now I love and want to meet her even more. I look forward to following her there......... Momastery
2 comments:
Gotta admit...I laughed at the "Don't Carpe Diem" blog myself...LOVE the way she writes...(a LOT like you!!!)
Love it!! Thanks for posting!!
Post a Comment