Sunday, October 2, 2011

You're in the Right Place!!!!!!

I am playing around with a new 'look' for the blog. Blogger has this new dynamic view.  You can actually CHOOSE how you view my page. Different options are listed above. I have selected the most simple view as the default. I am really liking it. I am leaning toward keeping this new, clean interface!  Feel free to let me know what you think. I think my words and pictures can speak for themselves.... and you don't need to see a whole lot of other stuff... but I always appreciate my readers' opinions!

Be sure to check out the "snapshot" view... it allows you to just look at all the pictures I've posted to my blog outside of all the "words." Pretty cool!!!

My Brownie meeting.... I bet you have all been waiting to hear!  ;-)  It went really, really well. I  cannot believe how nervous I was leading up to it.  I was exhausted when it was over.  I spent a great deal of energy!!!!  Holy cow!  We had a great time and the girls were well-behaved for the most part.  They have a lot of energy at the end of a school day. Who can blame them? So the goal next month is to do something much more ACTIVE!!!

The best part - Ally told me I did a great job... and her exact words "I am proud of you Mom!"  Yay.  :-)

We have had a great weekend.... Friday Ally didn't have school... and I let the kids choose what we did on our "special day" off together.  They chose Build a Bear.  Shocker.  My kids are obsessed with Build a Bear.  Me?  Not so much.  But, we got in and out for under $60 which is probably cheaper than a water park (which was also discussed) and we were at Briarwood... so I was able to run many other errands... and do a great deal of shopping. Both needed (clothes and shoes and a winter coat for Ally and shoes for Luke) and not so much needed (new Sevens Short Dojos for me).  :-)  (to wear with flats! practical!!!)

Saturday I had the most amazing morning. I set my alarm and got up at 7:00 am before anyone else.  Had coffee and breakfast in peace.... and went to a yoga class at 9:00 and had a facial at 11:30.  Had a wonderful, wonderful morning for myself.

Came home to the craziness of life... but always feel more "on top of it" when I get that break.  Last night we went out to the Country Club for a nice family dinner together... after delivering a dinner we all made together, to a sick friend and her family.  Ally's best friend, Kennedy's mom (and my good friend too) had her appendix burst last week and spent the week in the hospital. She is home now, but still quite ill.... so a group of us are working together to feed her, her hubby and her three kids.....

What a great day.  :-)

Today we are working around the house.  Scott cleaned the garage - which was a pit stain.  He is mowing now.  Maybe the last time we will need it? Hope not!  I am doing loads and loads of laundry and picking up. Cleaning lady comes tomorrow!

Looking forward to a great week.... it's a busy one.... but that is truly nothing new.  :-)


Ally has a class website!  You can check it out at:


Mrs. Phelan will post pictures and keep a calendar up to date so we all know what's going on... and I know I have some special readers who like to keep up on things such as this. :-)

No comments: