Monday, October 3, 2011

Guess Who's Back...

Old blog back again.... no one could post comments... don't know what was up with that... but we will go back to basics.... and just return..... which means I have to tell Nicole ONCE again that I need a new blog banner......  :-))))))  I have sent her like a zillion emails with photo orders and clarifications.  Sorry Nicole!

So......... it's Monday.  What can I say?  Luke cried hysterically again this morning. That is not going any better.  Huge bummer. Still a shitty way to start the day. Truly.  He is happy as can be on the drive... but as soon as I gear up to leave.... he freaks.  I know he's fine after. Each day I get a lovely note from his teacher on how long it took him to calm down (minutes - never more than 3) and I KNOW  he has fun and likes it. It's just the transition.......... must continue though.  He needs to learn.

I have yoga at lunch today.  Exceedingly thankful for that!

Ally and I are going to go to Bigby after school today to do homework and have a drink and a snack before gymnastics.  She is excited to go someplace new!  My cleaning lady comes today and that gives me GREAT joy because I know I will go home to a shiny house!  I am going to make a yummy healthy fish dinner this evening.

Yesterday was a simply amazing day.  The kids were so great, there are no words.  At one point, Scott actually said to me "I think someone came in and replaced our kids..."  They played happily together all day long.  ALL. DAY.  And most of it... was spent outside.... as it was absolutely gorgeous!!!!  This allowed Scott and I to be able to accomplish so, so much.  He got the garage cleaned out (looks amazing, I could live out there now) and the lawn mowed.  I got like 20 loads of laundry done.  Washed everyone's sheets, blankets, quilts, comforters... all of it!  Picked up the entire house.... and did more "cleaning out" in the kids' rooms. I swear, I could throw ten things away a week and they would never know.  Ally and I did some major clothes shopping for her over the weekend, so I did some major "are you ever going to wear this again" with her and her dresser.  The girl won't wear what she won't wear... and there's no point in hanging on to it....... I'm definitely giving up control there.

I also discovered that Gymboree has an AMAZING return policy!!!! At the beginning of the summer, Ally wanted/had to have/begged for all these dresses that she was going to wear all summer long. She didn't wear half of them. They still have the tags on them. I still have the receipt... and Gymboree's policy is 180 days......... I am totally within that time frame... so today I am returning two dresses, one shirt and one skirt and getting like $60 back for stuff she will never wear.  Yay me!  :-)

Luke is not without his opinion either. Both my kids are very vocal when it comes to their clothing.  Doesn't make it too easy on mom. I can hardly buy anything without them there.  Luke gets some hand me downs... and usually that goes okay, cuz they are mostly jeans and pants.  Hard to hand down boys' shirts... they are just so hard on clothes!  But, when it comes to sweaters and jackets... that kid is opinionated!!!! 

Easy going my children are SO NOT.   ;-)

Ah well..... we move forward.... we take them when we shop. Even Luke likes to pick out his stuff and it's a lot of fun. Good thing they have a mom that loves to shop.  :-)))))

Happy Monday everyone.  Have a GREAT week!!!!!!!!!!  It is what You make of it!!!!!!

No comments: