Sunday, October 9, 2011

T-I-T-A-N-S... Titans!!!

So.... yesterday Ally had a cheer camp in the morning at Lumen Christi with the cheerleaders.  OMG she was so excited.  One of the older girls (senior at LC) that goes to her gym and is an assistant coach to her... is a cheerleader and Ally has a HUGE case of hero worship.  She LOVES her.  Her name is Nicki and Ally even made her a thank you card as soon as camp was over.  Adorable.

So... the girls learned a bunch of cheers... and did some tumbling... and generally just had a GREAT time.  While I went and had my oil changed, tires rotated, ran errands... and then enjoyed a pumpkin spice latte and a stroll around Target.  It was a good morning for us all.

Ally then went over to her friend Kennedy's for some "get ready with the girls" time and then they went to a tailgate... We got to attend an adult tailgate (i.e. - there was vodka).... and then, we went to the game where the little girls got to cheer with the big girls for the first quarter.  We thought its was the first half... so I got no where near as many pics as I wanted.  Oh well... such is life!





We sat in the stands and Luke stole the heart of every female around.  He is in love with one of Ally's best friend's Mom... it's hilarious. Becky came to see him and took him for a walk.  He had lots of treats... and then, was done.  Around 9:30, he was over it all... so we didn't get to go out with our friends as planned and watch the Tigers... such is the life of parenthood!  Ally went off... had a sleepover and a fun night out at the Hunt Club.... Mom, Dad and Luke went home. 

Tigers lost anyway.  ;-)

Recently, it has really hit me that it is pretty likely that Ally will go to Lumen. Short of a major job relocation on Scott's part... we plan to be here through our kids' period of education through high school.  It has hit me that she will go to the same high school I went to. That her grandparents (my mom and dad) went to. That countless other members of her family have attended. We are all over the walls of that school.  Literally since my cousin has done paintings all over that school.

I just find that to be freakin' awesome.  I am in awe of it.  And I am really excited to be a part of watching her have the LC experience. I loved high school. Loved it.  Was proud to go there. Was proud to support our athletic teams. Felt it was the best education hands down.  I am just really proud to send my daughter (and son!) there soon.  :-)

And my kids look amazing in GREEN!!!  :-)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That's just how I felt when you went there...and 6 years from now it will be Ally! Sometimes, when I see this nostalgic side of you, I realize you ARE your mother's daughter! ;) I love you honey!