Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Namaste....

So, I can't believe I really haven't blogged about my new love.  Yoga.  People... I have totally and completely fallen in love with the practice of yoga.  We are fortunate enough, to have discovered an amazing instructor who essentially comes in and does a private class for a group of us at work. So, we get together each Monday and Wednesday.... take apart a conference room... dim the lights... and have a wonderful hour of peace, strength building and stretching. It has become the absolute love of my life... workout wise that is! 

In addiiton, the same instructor teaches a class on Saturday mornings at the Boos Center... and I try to make it when I find I have a free day.... like I do this weekend.   HOORAY! 

I cannot say enough about how it makes me feel so freakin' good.  We have been doing it weekly, and now two or three times a week, since June.  I can see and feel a difference in my body.  I am gaining flexibility where I had none. I am building strength.  I just FEEL better after a class.  One morning, I was in such a state of perfect peaceful happiness... that I silently cried in class.  It was that emotional for me. That spiritually moving. 

I love yoga.

Everything in my life is fast paced.  Yoga is about stillness.  And in all that stillness... that slowness.... you get an amzing workout..... AMAZING!

I keep looking for more opportunities to make it to classes.... I am constantly on the lookout to find more that fit into my schedule... which isn't easy I suppose.  So, for now, I am more than grateful for the days I do have it!!!! The days I am feel crappy, tired, hung over, stressed, down right sick... those are the days that I still get up and go... and leave feeling much, much better. 

I know it's not for everyone.  I think you either love it or hate it. But, for me... yoga is an answer to a question I didn't even know I had.  Something in my life that was missing that I didn't even know I needed.  I love it that much.

Hope there is something good for you in your life that you love that much too.... if not yet, I hope there soon will be.

Have a great week blog friends!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I think that's wonderful Nina...good for you!