So, yesterday when I drop Luke off at St. Mary's.... he is absolutely heart broken. Cries. Yells. Holds on to me for dear life. I can barely peel him off me. Ugh.
When I pick him up, he is ridiculously happy. Practically skips to his cubby to show me what he got on his field trip to the Fire Station - a fire hat, a toy hydrant, a tatoo and a fire fighter sticker. He is so proud of all of this. He cannot stop talking about the field trip and his day. I purchased him Fire Truck PJ's special to give him after his day. They say "Daddy's Little Hero" on them. Adorable. He couldn't wait to get home and put them on and then, he couldn't wait until Daddy got home to show him.
Happy, happy little man........
And then, after dinner... he announces to me that he's not going to cry when I take him to school in the morning. That he loves school and he wonders what "project" they will do. He talks on and on....
He seems to be just as happy this morning when he wakes up........ and low and behold...... when I dropped him off this morning, three kisses... three hugs.... a "goodbye Mommy" and no tears......... just. like. that.
Craziness. Night and day I tell ya. :-)
So..... I am proud that I kept on keeping on. That we stayed firm and proved to him that school is not a scary place... and that he is safe and loved there and that Mommy always comes and gets him at the end of the day. I'm sure there will still be days of crying... but it's good to know there are days like this to look forward to as well.
Ally (who has no issues with school) has made some great strides in gymnastics recently. She came home last night, just beaming, excited to tell me that she got two new tricks on the bars.... what they are called, I do not know. :-)))))) But, she showed Scott when he picked her up.... and he confirmed that it was, indeed, impressive. She is always so proud of herself (as she should be!) when she learns a new trick..... and "gets it."
She has memorized her enitre beam routine.... and can do everything without assistance now. Even her dismount, which she struggled with for some time. And now, it sounds like she doesn't need any assistance on any of her bar routine. She's had her vault down for a while now........ so now, it's just remembering her floor routine!!!! It's long and the most difficult for the little ones to "get." Not technically difficult for her... just a lot to remember...... so she literally needs to just do it over and over and over again...... muscle memory........ :-)
I still have NO IDEA how she will handle an actual meet. Part of me thinks she will completely freak out, cry and run off the floor...beam... what have you. Another part of me.... knows she wants to do it and prays she can summon the confidence I know she is so capable of. We shall see! She doesn't have a meet until March..... thank god for that! And I am going to take her to some of the earlier meets that the older girls are competing in... so she can see what it's all about. Watching her best friends Cara and Caitee should help her get a feel for it at least. I don't want her to be totally surprised...........
In the mean time, she is loving having a bigger beam at the house.... and is begging for a kip bar. Soon I will have a gym in my basement..... but for some reason, I would rather buy that kind of stuff than toys anyday. At least it is something that keeps her working out and physical.....
A good week so far...... and it's only Tuesday....... :-)
2 comments:
Okay, I am good with this format...much easier for me. Thanks. Also haven't gotten around to doing my blog yet...we'll see. Glad to hear Luke is having a great time...hope he doesn't have another relapse...for your sake. Hang in there..and say prayers for Dave and me ;-)
Yay for Luke! Please let us know about Ally's meet! xoxo
Post a Comment