Yesterday we got our pumpkins (we always do this - get them at the last minute - you can get them for a $1 then you know!!! HA!) and carved them..... I am not gonna lie. It always sounds like more fun that it really is. At least with my kids. ;-)
Ally draws out what she wants her pumpkin to look like after searching on the internet for the perfect face and inspiration. Then, she draws it on the pumpkin. Of course, no one can actually carve what she draws... but Scott does his very best. She is a bit disappointed, but she is okay.
Luke cannot stand the entire process really. Notice his face in the photo above. He does NOT WANT to cut up his pumpkin. We really should have just let him draw on it or paint it. The scooping out of the guts made him gag. At one point, I was sure he was going to vomit on the table. So, Ally is pouting, Luke is gagging. I am frantically picking out all the pumpkin seeds. It's a good time people.
But just you wait. It gets better.
We get them all carved (somehow I do not have a picture of the finished product!) and Scott puts them outside..... we go about our afternoon. Luke needs a nap (did I mention he has croup!?) and Ally takes her quiet time. The dogs are put outside. A few minutes later, Scott goes outside... and guess what? Fergus has eaten the face off Luke's pumpkin!
Awesome huh????
Best part... Luke STILL does not know.... and we took Scott to the airport this morning so I get to be the bearer of bad news and break Luke's heart with his half eaten pumpkin!
Anyone want a free Scottie????? ;-)
Seriously....... WTF Fergus???? I know we do not do the best with our dogs. Their actions are a complete reflection on our inability to take the time to train them. Honest truth - we have no business being dog owners. They are loved and cared for. They are not well trained. Our children take all our energy in that department. I am sorry. No more patience or time for the fur babies. They are just going to be wild all their lives..... I accept this.
So, I will have to live with them destroying pumpkins from here on out. I accept my choices. ;)
Ugh.....
Last night we went to the Halloween Party at Queens.. and it was a bit of a madhouse! Kids had fun though. Luke decorated two cookies. Painted a pumpkin. Made a picture frame. Played a few games. Ate some junk food. Aunt Jane, Gracie and the babies joined us in the madness. I'm not sure what Ally did cuz she was off with her friends most of the time.... :-) Ah... the independent almost nine year old.
I have no pictures from last night. Forgot my camera! I suck! Scott snapped one or two with his phone.... but I don't have them. But, remember the pictures from our work party? That's what the kids looked like :-))))))
This morning, we got up and had a big breakfast and took Scott to the airport.... the kids were a little weepy, but they are okay now. I am going to spend the day picking up and getting myself ready to leave Tuesday morning.... it's going to be a LOT crazy tomorrow single parenting Halloween, but I am prepared for the challenge... with the help of others of course!
Luke's party is in the morning. Baking cookies for that today. He gets to dress up and I think he is kinda over the costume thing already. ;-) Then, I will take a break for yoga at lunch time... and then, head to Ally's party in the afternoon. They do not get to dress up. The kindergarteners do and they parade around the school. Pretty darn cute! Can't wait to see all of them!
Tomorrow evening, Ally will go trick or treating here in town with a friend and her parents. I may take Luke out a bit, but he really enjoys helping pass out candy too. So we will do a bit of both! And, of course, some where in there, we have to do the traditional trick or treat to Nana and Papa and have Aunt Jane try to get pics of all the kids. That always goes REALLY well. ;-) But it's fun!!!!!!
No idea what to pack for San Fran. Weather going to be in 60s/70s... that's definitely still jacket weather for me. I always take too much and I am sure this time will be no exception. Scott and I are staying smack dab in the middle of a really nice shopping district and I cannot wait to add to my suitcase. :-)
I have been selling stuff on eBay and everything ends in the next day or two (so I can ship out before I leave) and that could really pad my shopping budget!!! :-) Lots of bids on most stuff and lots of watchers! People love Uggs, jeans and purses!
Well, I should get off the computer and get my butt in gear. A house to pick up.... and many, many things to do..... Happy Sunday Blog friends!
2 comments:
okay, i am cracking up. the icing on the cake is definitely fergus. poor luke. :)
Yes, Fergus was my favorite part as well.
:)
Post a Comment