Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween: Take One...

We have a whole bunch of Halloween events before the big day even gets here!!  Yesterday, was our first.  The Annual Governmental and Public Affairs Halloween party at Consumers.  I used to work in the department, and they still ask me to bring the kids back every year.  When I was with them, I was pregnant for Ally.  And when I was in that department, pregnant with Ally... it was like the entire department of 90 + people were having that baby with me.  It had been quite some time since someone was pregnant in that department... and I was treated like royalty the entire time.  They all seemed to anticipate and love Ally as much as I did.  We were like a family back then.... it was a great time.

So, each year, as Ally grows... and we then, added Luke to the mix... we go and so very many of my favorite people get to oooh and aaaahh over how the kids have grown.  Such a good time for them.

You get to trick or treat at many of the offices.... they have face painting, games, caricature drawing, balloon animals, and crafts.  A lot of fun all INDOORS where it's nice and warm. :-)

Luke loved it.... Ally did too, but she's starting to reach that age where she's getting older and things aren't quite as cool..... but I think she will humor me for a few more years... especially because for the most part, she enjoys seeing the wonder in Luke's eyes too.










It was a really great time! After the party, we got to go to Daddy's office.  Kids just love, love, love to go to Dad's office! What is it about that???  All his co-workers love to see them... and it's really cute to see them climb all over his office.  Ally runs right in and grabs his hard hat (yes he's an accountant with a hard hat - we kind of all get them!).... Luke goes right for the white board.  They are super proud of their Daddy. It's adorable.

After we were done... Ally and I got changed to go meet our friends at the Hunt Club.  It was awesome.  A group of us moms who are close and Ally's besties all went. Girls night out.  It is so amazing now, this age... of course not having Luke there made a difference... because Ally happily sits at a table of all kids... and five of us moms could sit and talk, have a couple drinks and throw money at them to go to the game room.

We then donned a few more layers... and headed to the Lumen Christi football game... where they won their first playoff game.  I will always love going to a Lumen game. It will forever remind me not only of my high school years, but more so of the years my brother was playing... and how my ENTIRE extended family would go to each and every game... no matter how far away or how cold. The year they won the State Championship was amazing.  Still some of the best memories of my family time. Some of the best pictures that still hang on my walls are from that State Championship game where we actually chartered a bus.... to go to the Silverdome.

Always great to be there cheering on the Titans... and now my very own daughter does and will continue to do the same.  I love the tradition that lies in that.  I just love it.  We are so blessed to be here and have these connections, these traditions and watch our kids go to our school.

We then went BACK to the Hunt Club with the same group after the game.... and got home super late. (for Ally!)  Ally told me it was the best day.  :-)  It was for me too baby girl.... definitely a great day!

Today we are pumpkin carving and then going to the Halloween Party at Queens tonite!!!  Party on!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Tell Ally her "specs" are cool!