Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Great Weekend with a Strep Chaser...

We had a great weekend!!!!  Unfortunately, Sunday, Ally came down with strep... but still the weekend was great... and my girl is already on the mend because I got her into the doc right away Monday morning and started on antibiotics. Thank God for the pink stuff!!!

Our weekend kicked off with Friday... as every weekend does.  ;-)  That morning, I get a text from my hubby that my Sweetest Day gift is on its way!  We were eligible for one upgrade to the iPhone 4s and he gave it to me... even though it was on his line.  What a sweetheart!  He said he has an iPad... and he'd rather I have the voice activated texting and such.   I am not the best when it comes to avoiding texting and driving. Bad, bad girl.  This should help!!!

Luke and I went to pick Ally and her friend Kennedy (who was coming home with us) after school. We then met Scott at the ATT store to do the phone switch. After my being there an hour or so... he told me to take the kids home and he would deal. This was no short order for me. I was phone-less. We have no land line anymore. I had no phone. What to do in case of emergency?  Thank God I didn't have to find out....

Turns out we made the right call.  Scott was there for three hours with no resolution.  Not only did my new phone not work... but in the process, they deactivated my old phone. I was now..... PHONELESS for the duration.

Holy crap!!!!

We had plans to go to a Halloween Cartooning event for the kids... so Scott came and met me at the club for dinner while the girls did their thing.  Unfortunately, we had Luke with us and he was in a mood, so Scott had to take off before the girls were done... and then, Ally and I took Kennedy home after... and were on our way to Battle Creek to pick up my friend Chelsea who was coming in on the train from Chicago and spending the weekend with us!

We picked her up around 9 pm..... and headed back home.  Just had a low key night of chatting and even went to bed a decent time because we had plans to get up bright and early for the Michigan State/U of M game! Go GREEN!

We headed out the next morning by 8:30... dropped the kids with a sitter... and headed north. Got lucky after a half hour of searching and a guy sold us his parking pass right downtown cuz he was leaving... and got a GREAT table at Dublin Square for the game!
And what a game it was!!!!  We had a GREAT time watching the Spartans defeat Michigan up in East Lansing.  There is nothing like watching a great game in a local bar!  Scott, Chels and I just loved being in the middle of all the excitement!!!!!

We headed back to Jackson... picked up the kids and heard all about their day!  They went to a movie, went to a farm... and painted pumpkins.  Spent hours outside on our sitter's play structure.  She has turtles and lots of animals.  A great day for the kiddios! We are blessed to have a sitter like that!

Headed home to gear up for the Tigers..... and watched them lose.  Big bummer....  but you cannot deny their amazing season!!!!!

Sunday, we all slept in...  had a big breakfast... and lazed the morning away.  The kids (and Chelsea!) watched Judy Moody.... and around 1... we headed back to the train station to take our good friend and Auntie back to the train that would take her to Chicago. The kids loved having her here as much as I did.  Ally slept on the floor in the basement with her.  Slumber party style.  A good time was had by all.

And Scott my phone back up and running... no thanks to ATT.... and six solid hours spent in their store between Friday and Sunday.... but I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately... Sunday morning, Ally woke up with a horrid sore throat.... and although she tried to be tough... I could tell it was super bad. She was down for the count for the rest of the day.  I made the decision to keep her home the next day... and Monday morning... I had to drag the poor girl to a doctor appointment of mine.... but right after, I was able to get her into the pediatrician where we confirmed strep and got her on the antibiotic right away.  

She can't go back to school until tomorrow... so we are home again today.... just taking it easy and watching LOTS of movies on Apple TV. Thank God for Apple TV!  We love it.  She has watched Monte Carlo which just came out today, already today... and is now watching Zoo Keeper.  Yesterday she watched Little Manhattan. It was surprisingly cute.  :-)

I am making whatever sounds good for her to eat... and she has an appetite.  I can also tell she's starting to come around cuz she's once again, tumbling all over my house. She is unable to watch a movie sitting still.  As I type, I am watching her stand on her head with her legs in a full split...... she's coming back!

The dogs have been very watchful... as they always are when someone in the family is sick. I remember Duncan being the same way.
Yesterday Ally thanked me for staying home with her. I am eternally thankful and grateful that I have the option to do so.  I know she will be just fine soon.  :-)

In the meantime... we were lucky enough that yesterday was a cleaning day... and Julie, our amazing cleaning lady... did some extra disinfecting for us because she knew of Ally's possible strep! The house was cleaned from top to bottom. I have been washing my hands like crazy. They hurt!!!!  So far, knock on wood... everyone else seems to be healthy.  I am feeling positive that it will stay that way! I believe in the power of positive thinking!

We got a special treat at the end of the day yesterday... Luke got his school pictures!!!!!  I must say... one the best school pics ever............  :-)  My handsome little man... and his very first school picture!
Ugh. That kid is a heartbreaker.  Even his teacher could not hide her love for his pictures, nor can she hide her love for him.  :-)  They used Bullinger Photography and I think the lady did an awesome job... with some difficult subjects!  I guess she used to be the preschool teacher there... so she knew how to make those kids smile. I am still shocked she was able to make Luke smile.  :-)  And quite pleased.

Adorable.

The week is already taking a turn for the better... even though yesterday was trying.  Like I said... I had to take Ally to a doctor appointment.  Not fun.  This after I had to take Luke to school and he fought as hard as he ever has..... just a stressful morning... with sickness piled on top.  Not the best.

But, it will improve. Day by day..... and this weekend, god willing... I am off to Somerset with my sis in law and mother in law for an overnight trip of shopping, sushi and wine!!!! With a lot of Starbucks and California Pizza Kitchen thrown in there too. All our faves.  Very much looking forward to it!!!!

Have a GREAT week blog friends!


No comments: