Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tiny Gymnasts....

So yesterday was "bring a friend day" at the gym Grace goes to... and she wanted to take Luke.  How sweet is that?????  I quickly agreed... then went to tell Luke the good news.  He looked at me, crossed his arms and said "I don't want to go to gymnastics!!!!"

Uh-oh.

That was not the reaction I was expecting!!!!  So, I dismissed it... and thought we would chat about it later.  We talked a bit about it over the week and weekend.  And, eventually, he warmed up to the idea.  After I picked him up from school yesterday (after dropping Ally off at her gymnastics class!), just he and I went out to dinner together.  He was my date.  (You would not believe how often I have to "kill time in Jackson" - or grab dinner cuz it's too far to drive home - exasperating at times!)  He was REALLY excited about gymnastics class now.  He told me all about how he was "going to be silly and make Gracie laugh."  He was super geeked to wear sweatpants. The kid loves "comfy" pants.  :-))))  And even more excited to not wears shoes and socks.  The kid hates shoes and socks! If he could live live barefoot and in sweatpants, I think he'd be happy. It's my job to teach him how to dress apparently.  ;-)

Anywho......... we went to All Around to meet Gracie and Jane.... and Luke totally froze and freaked out. The place was full of a LOT of kids... and the majority of them were much, much older.  I calmed him... and luckily, most of those "big kids" left at the end of their class before Grace's class began.  When it was there turn, they all lined up.  Luke would not line up... so when it was their turn to go in..... I just shoved him through the door and turned around........

It worked!  He went out there. Very, VERY hesistant... and it took him a bit to warm up.  Once they realized this, he got some adult attention and he turned around quite quickly.

Then, he just LOVED IT!!!!  He happily followed along. Did what he was told. And luckily, he was super familiar with many of the things they did... cuz he has a big sister that loves to play gymnastics school with him!  So, he happily walked across the beam.... did front rolls... donkey kicks.... played ball... jumped on the tramp.... and just did all the super fun things they did!

Every time he looked up at me... he just had this huge grin on his face! Smiled the entire time! 

I got one crappy picture, but it gives you an idea....... he was just loving it and I was pleasantly surprised!
I have a video of the same thing I will upload later.  Adorable.

He talked about it ALL the way home! All the way.  :-))))  He asked if he could bring a water bottle next time like the other kids.  Glad he had such a good time...

No comments: