Ugh.... woke up this morning, got Ally dressed.... and she walks out of her room only to come running back in, crying and heartbroken.... saying... "I hate the dogs!!!!"
I run out to the living room, because this can only mean one thing... and even before I see it... I know what they have done. They have eaten her brand new Little Pet that is a one of kind that only comes in the hospital set that she bought for herself with her OWN money. It's not her fault that the Pet was in the living room. Luke took it out there. It's not her fault that Scott and I left the dogs alone in the living room last night while we chatted and watched MSU suck it up...
I start crying myself I feel so bad for her. She is just beyond any consolation......
Scott is angry with himself and the dogs... but it's not their fault either. We don't work with them appropriately. We barely have time to keep ourselves and children alive, let alone train our dogs. We are terrible dog owners and they are terrible dogs as a result. We love them, but we probably don't give them what they need......
So, I joke... the dogs are not free to a good home... but we all have our moments. ;-)
What a way to start a Friday! She pulled it together... just in time to realize they ate a bunny too. I'm sure I will be cleaning up dog vomit later today that has tiny plastic pieces in it. Looking forward to that. Luke gags now when they throw up... it's kinda funny.... but it makes me gag... so one day, we are all gonna end up barfing all over... and that won't be a pretty sight.
Looking forward to lunch with the girls today... work girls and girls that are off on maternity leave.... and their babies too. Luke loves all the girlie attention. He's such a ladies man. ;-)
Gonna take a trip to Ann Arbor with the kids after work and take Ally to Barnes and Noble to exchange a couple books that she got from Grandma Geri and Boompa that she already had. I think she was just as excited to get books she already had as she was to get brand new ones... she instantly said.... "AWESOME! We can GO to the bookstore and pick new ones!" She is a funny girl sometimes. So, a trip to B&N it is..... I can't help but feed her love for reading! That's the one thing Scott and I will always spoil her with... books!!!!
Yesterday was the book fair at her school... and she was giddy! She bought a couple books and spent the ENTIRE evening last night reading one of them. She finished it. All. She is so my daughter in that respect. I remember staying up half the night as a teenager (maybe high school age?) and reading.... I had such a hard time putting a good book down. I still do, I just read less it seems cuz I'm exhausted at the end of the day. Vacations and times off are a special treat now days cuz I get to really read!
So... here's to hoping the day doesn't bring any more pet trauma.... but honestly, I'm not holding my breath!
No comments:
Post a Comment