Thursday, January 6, 2011

Is it Spring Yet?

I wasn't built for Michigan winters. I may not have been built for winter at all.  I'm over it. So over it and it's only the beginning of January. Technically... we have like three more months of this crap..... at least!  UGH!!!!

Why can't I have family in a tropical location?  Anyone want to move so I can always have a place to visit?  Is that too much to ask?  :-)

I'm cold... and I hate being cold.  Yesterday evening, I got home with the kids... and just felt blah... and cold... and did I mention blah??  It's totally why I'm dreaming of vacations and tropical locations.  A light at the end of this cold, dark tunnel. 

I need to force myself to enjoy some sort of winter activity.  Right now that activity is sitting inside, drinking wine and watching the snow.  :-)  I just don't like the outdoors people. I don't. Everyone is different and I'm not a outdoorsy girl............

Remember flair on Facebook?  That was a good time.....  ;-)  Anyway,  a friend of mine once sent me flair that read "I like the outdoors - I like drinking on a patio!"  That is so me.  :-) She knew me really well.  And, I will say this..... that is one of my very favorite things to do... enjoy a drink or a meal outside on the sidewalk of a busy town.  Nothing better than that.

I'm just a city girl at heart....... I am made for pavement... and stores... and restaurants..... not really so much the grass or snow... or where I live at all.  Isn't that a contradiction!  :-))))))  But, you grow where you are planted and I make the best of what's around (thanks Dave!)

Still... I would enjoy some warmth..... I could really grow better with some sun.  ;-)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Vegas was good for that...I miss it too...at least there is no snow here in Missouri...and we have had some sunshine...so far so good as far as Missouri winters go. There was some snow, but it melted within a week, so I'm hoping thats about all it will do every time. At one time I told Dave I wanted to move to the Cayman Islands...but thats not going to happen...at least i'm not in Alaska anymore!