Ally is an amazing student. She really is. I don't like to crazy brag about my kids. I find it annoying in others... ;-) But, you have to state the facts here... she really does work hard at the things she likes (reading/writing/spelling/art) and it pays off in her grades!
She has her second book report of her second grade year... and she is reading a book on Mother Teresa. She has to write the report, and then design a life size portrait of her using poster board. These two assignments are right up her ally! :-) She comes home every day and announces "I have to work on my book report!"
It's important to work on homework in your State leotard, should you need to launch into some gymnastics at any moment... :-))))) We have many outfit changes here at the McIntosh household. School uniform... to leo... to skinny jeans... to comfy clothes or PJs. It's how she rolls.
She is pretty cute when she is focused on something. I like watching her work and how she organizes her books and paper... how she looks when she's reading.... she has quite the serious thinking face and she was mostly annoyed that I was taking these pictures of her. Annoying iPhone camera mom - that's me!!!!
Tonite my little social butterfly is off to the Michigan Gymnastics meet. Yes, you heard me right. Michigan. U of M. The University of Michigan. The maize and blue. :-)))) A friend of hers invited her and she was so excited.... but I think a little worried that we would say no cuz it was Michigan. HA! She said "it's still gymnastics Mom and I love gymnastics!" It was cute... Scott even went so far as to say if she wanted, we would get her a U of M shirt... she passed... like any good Spartan would! She's wearing a simple "Gymnast" shirt that is blue and green so as not to betray her roots. Atta girl. :-)
She will spend the night with Cara... so it's just us and Luke tonight. One kid = easy Friday night for us!!!! I am looking forward to my friend Kate's visit with her new baby Leo this afternoon.... she is coming over for "happy hour"... to share some wine with me... and our friend Jeanne might join us after work if she's not too exhausted. She is a school nurse at Jackson High. Her days are stressful!!!!! As you can imagine. ;-)
Luke is anticipating "Baby Leo's" visit with much joy! He can't wait to show him his playroom and share his toys. Baby Leo is about four weeks old. :-))))) HAHA! Trying to explain this to Luke is interesting..... he just told me he will share is Stokke chair with Leo. What a generous little guy. ;-)
A good day ahead... and in case you wondered, I'm still obsessing over Project Life... and now cannot stand that I don't have a kit to get started on my year!!! ;-) I have even checked eBay for a kit and if one were Buy It Now I probably would have ordered it by now.... but they are all auction. This is a lesson in patience for me. And it blows. ;-)
Happy Friday blog friends!!
UPDATE: FIVE MINUTES LATER - Found a kit on eBay for $75 (original price $52)... ordered it. Requested expedited shipping. Impatience at it's finest here people..... ;-)
2 comments:
Ally IS amazing....after all, she's YOURS...and you are pretty amazing too!
HAHA! You are funny with your need for immediate gratification. Ally is so cute with her serious studying :) She is brilliant!!!
Post a Comment