Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Planning Mode....

Whew... I am in full-on planning mode!  I get like this from time to time... it is usally spurred by something I have planned and then, I just want to keep going... planning, planning, planning for the future!  I enjoy it.  Love it. I firmly believe if you don't plan life, it will plan you... and you won't be in control.  :-)

So, it all started when we booked our cottage in North Carolina for a family vacation! The entire family, us, Scott's parents and all his siblings and their families.  Eight adults.  Seven kids.  Party.  :-) We are once again going to the Outer Banks of North Carolina.... staying in a cottage called Native Sun in Buxton. It is no small feat to get eight adults to agree to a cottage, a price, a date and a location... so I am glad we were able to get it done.  You have to book these things pretty far in advance these days... and you might think it's pretty early, but in all reality, it's really quite late!!! So, I think we got a great cottage... and will be going July 9, for a week!

So, then, I move on to looking at flights and rental cars... and all that. Which leads me to think about Spring Break... and how I really want to take Ally someplace warm for break.  Scott is unlikely to be able to travel that week, so I thought a Mommy/Daughter vacation would be a great time!!  The key is WARM. Sun.  Pool.  :-)  Even if it were just a portion of the week, it would be worth it............ so I am off and running on that task, trying to figure out what we could swing.

Scott's birthday is next weekend, so I have planned an evening out for us... but can't dicuss the details, cuz I'm keeping it a surprise for him.  :-) 

Then, I got to thinking some more..... I could REALLY REALLY use a girls weekend!  Totally....... some girlie time away.  A spa would be divine... but anything would do.  Finding time among my girls with kids and jobs and lives is so hard though.......... but we really should try...........

Then, there's our annual trip to NYC with some girlfriends that we are trying to fit in somehow, someway this spring........

I know, I know... can't do it all. But, damned if I'm not gonna try!  :-)  Life was made to LIVE after all.  And I am itching to GO somewhere.......... anywhere.  Must be the Michigan winter blues are getting to me!  Post holiday funk........... I just enjoy having things to look forward to.  I like having a plan. Always.  Something on the horizon.

It's how I'm built.  :-)

1 comment:

kwimsatt said...

I totally feel like you go through this every 6 months or so...I am laughing out loud a bit, because sometimes we are so different. However, I love that you plan it and I can just go along!! :)