Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy 8th Birthday Allison Jane...

Yesterday my baby girl turned 8 years old!!!  8 going on 18 most days it feels like!!!  :-) She is growing up so fast...and I am trying to remember to slow down and enjoy the good, the bad and the ugly moments as they pass me by...

Monday night, we made a zillion cupcakes for school for her to share with her class.  Luke was happy to help:


We baked and baked cupcakes for hours... and then, I was too tired to make her actual cake for the next day's party... so I had to put that off....  :-)

Her birthday morning, Ally woke up rarin' to go!  She was in a bit of a mood and didn't understand why she had to go to school on her birthday.  I told her "fine.. you don't have to go.. it's up to you..." A response she so did not expect... so she quickly changed her tune and decided she WANTED to go to school. I think sometimes, Ally just wants to pick a fight... so she is stunned when  I won't fight back.  I understand this feeling...  ;-)

She went to school and Scott took her cupcakes to the front office.  Mid-morning, I get an email from her teacher thanking me for the yummy cupcakes!  Ally said they were a big hit and even Mrs. Rice and Mrs. Hartley got to have one.   (school administrator and principal) She was very proud of this.

She came home very happy and VERY excited for the evening's festivities and, of course GIFTS!!  She could not WAIT for gifts.  She drove me crazy about the gifts. She made herself sick to her stomach anticipating the gifts!  Everyone finally got there... Nana, Papa, Aunt Jane, Uncle Adam, Grace, Jilli, Lyla, Auntie Kristen and Uncle Mark and "Baby Rhen" (as Luke will ALWAYS call him!).  It was finally gift time.

She received American Girl Scrapbook supplies from Aunt Jane, Uncle Adam and crew...
 And... a Peace Sign Pandora charm, cleverly wrapped in multiple boxes to disguise what it was from Nana and Papa...
And then... the gift she had been anticipating... bugging us for... wondering if she would get... the source of all stomach aches... her gift from Mom and Dad...
Her iPod Touch!!!  :-)  I don' t think we could have asked for a better reaction...  :-))))  There are no words for how this girl has been driving us CRAZY with asking for this.  When she and Scott were at the Apple Store recently, she berated him so much about it that he almost bought her one just to shut her up!  She has been obsessing and talking about it forever.  Since way before Christmas... and the entire month of January.  Obsessive. Impatient. Sound like anyone else you know?  :-)))))  Yep... me... but you might be surprised to hear that Scott is the exact same way.  He hides it better than I do.  Our kids don't stand a chance....  ;-)
It was a very successful, happy birthday for the little girl... the "not so little" girl that is.  Grace and Luke barely watched or cared while she opened gifts as they were in their own little world playing with Ally's Littlest Pet Shop:
We enjoyed some yummy yellow cake with chocolate frosting... as this is the only cake that Ally (and really all of us in the McIntosh family of four) like.
A great, great party all around!!!  I am so thankful for those that helped make Ally's birthday a special, special day. The call from Grandma Geri and Boompa and the singing of "Happy Birthday to You!" left on voicemail... the giant box of books they sent as well... the Skype chat with Grandma Kathy...  the gifts of money and cards from Baci and Great Grandpa and Grandma Stone... not to mention the NUMEROUS gifts from her best friends.

AND we still have a party with our Chicago-land friends to look forward to this weekend.  Ally-Roo is one lucky little eight year old.... and we are lucky that she is ours.  

I love you Allison Jane... I am happy to bring so much joy to your face on your eighth birthday and every day!!!!!!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Holy Lucky Girl! HAHA! :) Happy Birthday Ally!! Sounds like she's getting a lot of celebrating. HOW FUN! Isn't it the best when their reactions to gifts are so exuberant?

Kathy said...

GREAT reaction to her gift....you'll never be able to out do it again.

(Is this your new camera you took the pics with?)

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I LOVE reactions like this!! She's an awesome lucky girl!