So.... I am using Project Life to document this year, 2011. That you know by now. I've talked about how excited I was to order it. I had no patience and ordered the turquoise edition on eBay. You've heard this all by now. ;-) And so far, it's going really, really well and I've kept up... invested in a printer to make things easier and just feel all around GOOD about documenting what we're up to in our everyday lives and the special times we share.
As I sit and work on my current year's project, I cannot help but MOURN the previous years that I have done nothing at all. The years that I have not taken the time to print pictures. To journal. To document what we have done.
So, I am adding to my 2011 challenge.... I ordered the Amber Edition of Project Life and I am going to attempt to do one PREVIOUS year while I work on the current year. So, this year... as I keep up with 2011, I am going to try to look back and document 2010. Starting with the most recent year first... I think this might be a good way to play catch up. And, if it doesn't work... it doesn't work, but at least I can say I tried!!!
This is the first thing I have really started and thought "I can do this!" and I don't feel overwhelmed....... I hope by adding an additional book, I don't make it work and not fun... but if that's the case, I know myself well enough. I will make it work for me by quitting the previous year or something. Even if I keep it as simple as possible, it will be enough!!!! It will be a hard book I can touch, feel and flip through and ENJOY!!!!
So, I am going to go through all my 2010 pictures over the next few days and try to order 400-500 of them to kick off my 2010 book!!! I find that I not only do one pic a day (365)... but I trim down quite a few and make them fit in the 4x3 space... so I need an additional four or so per spread of 7....... 4 times 52 is an additional 200 pics... YIKES! But.... fun... :-)))) I won't have a lot of the memorabelia, but I will have the pictures.... AND my blog will help with the journaling!!!!
Don't you love that I share all my dorky plans with you? :-)


2 comments:
Hey! I'm a bit lost and out of the loop on this Project Life thing, but how does it work? Are you supposed to take pictures everyday of the year? It sounds neat, but not sure I could do that. Good for you and I'm excited to hear how it turns out!
I think you are nuts! Work, kids, cook, laundry, wine-tastings AND "Project Life"--TWO of them! Well, if anyone can do it, YOU can!!!! Love you, honey!
Post a Comment