Thursday, January 20, 2011

Quick Update ...

Okay, okay... so I haven't written in almost a week!  It has been a busy week... which all started on a very bad note. Well, maybe not all bad! But... it was a roller coaster weekend of sorts.

Saturday night, Scott and I went to Ann Arbor to celebrate his birthday (which was Sunday).  I kept the entire thing as a surprise to him. He didn't  know where we were eating or that we were staying in a hotel that night.  My cousin Becky came and stayed with the kids and she didn't let on that she was staying... just that she was watching the kids for dinner.  Ally knew, but was amazing at keeping the secret! She liked being in on it!  And, she was pretty excited Becky was staying over...;-)

So... we drive to Ann Arbor.... he didn't even know that was our destination... and I tell him where to go. We pull into the hotel (Campus Inn right downtown!) and he is so confused.... he is assuming dinner is here or something. I just tell him to pop the trunk and smile as I grab  the bag I secretly packed and stashed in the trunk while he was in the shower. I am quite proud of myself. I suck at keeping secrets. I hate surprises.

We check in... and have an hour before dinner, so we grab a drink at the hotel bar, Victors.  Which is pretty cool except for all the Michigan memorabilia.  ;-)

We walk to Vinology.... one of our favorite places to eat in Ann Arbor. They have amazing seasonal cuisine and you can order half plates of things and share items in a tapas style!  LOVE!!! We shared two appetizers and three half entrees.  We had an amazing bottle of wine.  Pinot Noir from the Willamette Valley in Oregon (my fave Pinot comes from there!). We had a great chat with the manager about wine tours and tastings and he even shared some amazing single malt scotch with Scott and taught us all about scotch. It was just really  a perfect dinner out.

Scott and I absolutely love good food.. fine wine... and enjoying a meal together in an amazing town.... and just talking for hours.  Our perfect date night out!  Add to that... a hotel within walking distance... and no children to wake us up in the morning and you have heaven people.

Unfortunately, I had something else wake me up all to early.... a stomach virus of some sort.  Holy crap!!!!!!!  At around 3 am, I woke up and started puking violently........ and being that we had exactly one bottle of wine (and you all know I can drink more!) I knew it wasn't from drinking.  As the hours went by and Scott didn't start... I then  knew it was a bug.

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pukes didn't last too long... but the body aches, fever and chills that followed were worse.  We made our way home (no yummy breakfast.. BOO!) and I got in bed.   Our birthday party for Scott was moved to his parents' house... and luckily, I had already made his birthday soup... so they enjoyed that without me.... I slept the day away...

Fever broke in the night and by morning I was just fine......... just like that. Crazy!

Monday, the kids and I spent the day at home as it was Martin Luther King Day. No school!  Ally still had gymnastics and I had a wine tasting event with the girls... so we met Scott for dinner in between at Hugos...and had a great day all-around!

Tuesday - Ally had a "rain" day.  I refuse to call it a snow day. It rained and was like 40 out.  :-))))  Still, she enjoyed the day off at Nana and Papa's and absolutely loved helping take care of the twins. She is a good little helper.

We are back to school and work now....... and it's a good week.  I am gearing up to have seven little girls for a birthday sleepover tomorrow!!!  HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-)  It should be fun................

Hope you're all having a great week......

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ugh. So sorry you got the stomach bug! I suppose it was only a matter of time, seeing as how almost everyone in the county has gotten it! I'm glad you were able to at least enjoy part of your night out. Happy Birthday, Scott!

Kathy said...

Kiki told me you were sick (via Becky) when we chatted during the week. I hadn't heard about it, sorry it had to ruin your evening, glad you are better...you need your stength for tonite!!!! Love you!