Friday, January 28, 2011

Ally's Slumber Party...

Just a bit delayed... but I wanted to blog about Ally's slumber party before I forgot what went on!!!

I picked up seven little girls after school last Friday.... with the help of another mom because I couldn't fit them all in the car.  Just when you think you have a car big enough.. YOU SO DO NOT!!!!!  I could make it work if I didn't have Luke and one of them rode illegally in the front seat... but when another family live in Concord too and have to drive this way anyway... better to play it safe!

So... the girls get here and we bring in all their stuff.  HAHA!  I love little girls... Scott's comment "what - are they staying for a week???" Their bags were all huge... they had pillows, special toys and blankets that they still sleep with, sleeping bags, gifts and backpacks." There was a LOT of stuff everywhere....

They all run downstairs cuz they think it's just way cool that they essentially have a level to themselves. They kick off the party by playing Daycare. They've started making signs and hall passes and all sorts of crazy stuff... and they want Luke to come to their daycare. They also ask me if I can have more kids over. HAHA!  Um... no!

Then, some girls decide they don't want to play daycare and other still do... of course, girl drama!!!  So, I intercede - and pull out a giant playhouse for them to color and assemble. I have a few "pre-planned" tricks up my sleeve for just these occasions!

The girls forget their argument and get to work....
They worked on that for a while.... and then, Ally came up and wanted to do gifts... but it just wasn't time yet... so I let them do the "craft" I had gotten for them to do. I bought unfinished frames for them to paint and decorate with fun stickers and then, in their thank you note, we gave them a picture collage for the frame.  Each of the frames turned out really cute...
After the frame making.... the pizza had arrived... so that allowed dry time!!!  We ate lots of pizza.... but not too much. The girls had already gorged themselves on oreos, doritoes and fudge cookies!  So, three pizzas was FAR too much!!!!  

We went right into gifts after eating.... girls are funny... I love how they all crowd around during gifts... I guess all kids do that though. ;-)
Even Luke got in on the action. Poor Luke... most of the time, Ally didn't want him down there at all with her. I can understand that. All her friends are more than happy to play with Luke... and she feels slighted instead of proud. She has moments of proud... "this is MY little brother and everyone loves him..." But those moments quickly give way to "okay, you're not here to play with HIM!!!!"  ;-)  Ahhh... the loving sibling relationship.....

I was amazed overall, at what a great group of girls this was. They were all so well behaved.  Polite. Respectful.  Crazy at times... but they are kids. Exhausting FOR SURE... but good, good kids.  A joy to have around really. I am proud of the friends Ally has made at Queens.

They played a lot more... finished that playhouse!!!!  And finished up their frames..... Then, it came time for JUST DANCE!  A WII game that is a RIOT!!!!!!  Scott and I were hysterical watching them all dance... and then.... we turn around.... and behind us, so no one can see, Luke is dancing away too.  So freakin' cute...

Cake was up next... but we didn't have traditional cake... we had brownies... but we put candles in them so the birthday girl could blow them out. All the girls sang Happy Birthday at the top of their lungs. They might want to work on that.  ;-)
And... wouldn't you know it... those girls were up until one.. giggling and doing what girls do.... and then, up bright and early at 7 am.....

A crazy bunch... a crazy... but wildly fun night for all!!

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Ahhh the days (and nights) of sleepovers... looks like a great time. And I love the Just Dance off they had!