So... you all heard about how we decided not to buy four new tires and we got a new car instead!? Yeah.... we did!!! I was pretty excited about it. We had already decided that our next car would have a third row so I could cart more kids around - particularly in Ally's case! I thought we were going to have to wait until this summer when our lease was up... but Scott took care of that and got us out of a car that needed four new tires, and into a brand new car (with four very good tires mind you!). Having a hubby who is good with numbers is such a good thing. :-)
So, enter my brand new, loaded to the hilt, GMC Acadia!!!
I was more excited about this car than I have been about a car in a long, long time..... it had everything I wanted and a whole lot more. It was black (have wanted a black car for the last two leases)... interior black leather... heated seats... power everything... remote start... ipod compatible.... bluetooth... it tells me when my tires are low and which one (no more tire blow outs!)... the list goes on. Plus, I could now take six little girls anywhere. :-)))))) We got the pilot seats in the second row so you don't have to fold down that row to get to the third. Super easy!
We get it... and it comes with OnStar (which we will totally pay for when the free period is up - it rocks)... which allows us to start it and lock it and do all sorts of stuff with it (check gas levels, etc) with our iPhone. We were silly excited when we played with this feature. We are total techno geeks. :-)
So exciting. We were just excited..........
So, when Cousins' Night came around... we were happy to be able to drive our new car and pick everyone up and minimize the number of drivers for our big bar night out.
Scott, my brother-in-law, Daryl and I all left our house together to go into Jackson and pick up the crew....
Driving down M60... chatting... excited for the night that lay ahead......BAM.... out of no where, a freakin' huge ass deer runs right into the side of my brand new car!!!!! WTF??? Seriously????
Obviously it was one tough deer cuz it hit us going 62 mph and just kept on running........ when we stopped to survey the damage, we were actually surprised to see how little damage was actually done. But, still........ my car that was no older than 48 hours.... was going to the body shop.
I still love my car.... a bump here and there does not take away from how great it is! :-) I am still really excited and in a few days, she will be as good as new..... and I've gotten my first little mess out of the way.... now I won't be afraid to spill in it. :-)))))))))))
No comments:
Post a Comment