Thursday, January 13, 2011

Making Memories...

So, Nicole had a link on her FB page this morning... that was just what I needed to see.  I have been thinking about how to get my photos OUT of my computer... and into hard copies that I can page through in books and ENJOY!!!!  Last year for my birthday, Jane made me a photo album of all the pictures she had taken of our family in that year. I freakin' LOVE that photo album and it's the only real tangible thing I have to look at and enjoy!

A while back... I made a First Year photo album for Ally through iPhoto... and I really like it for the most part. It is just super time consuming to do... and while I want to still make albums for the kids from the previous years that I have not.... I want to start with the here and NOW to start getting tangible memory books of our lives.

Enter, Project Life... and in particular (I am thinking!), Digital Project Life.  At first, I was thinking of the traditional kit... where I would print pictures and hand write things... and have more of a "3D type book."  But... I am trying to be realistic here. Right now, I do zero, zip, zilch in the way of things like that - so the reality is... I am probably not going to be able to take or make the time to do something like that in the way I would really want to.  That's why I stopped scrapping in the first place... I had this unfinished, half assed book staring at me screaming "finish me... complete me... and do a better job!"  I cracked under the pressure...... it was just another thing I felt like I had to do... so I had to put it away.

But, I really still do think I want some physical books of pictures... and I need to find a way to do it!  I think Project Life may be a great way to start... starting with THIS year.  I like the week by week option.. and that I can just upload pics as the weeks go by, type/journal a bit about what happened... and at the end of the year, I will have an amazing memory book.  It might not look super cute with lots of scrapbooky type embellishments... but it will be something I can look back on and smile at. It would really accomplish another of my goals for the year!  A goal to get pictures in books, somehow, some way!!!!!

Just added:  All that said...... I still kind of want the actual kit more... the more I look at it... hahaha!  I can be so indecisive sometimes.  ;-)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm so glad that link has inspired you! I feel the same way. Aside from pictures on my wall and in my scrapbook (although that is quite a lot...) I haven't printed pictures for a "photo album" (the traditional old-school type) since about 2007. It just got to be too much. I still want to go back to 2006 and start making an annual Photo Book from Blurb or somewhere.... put ALL the photos in there... the good, the bad, the ugly... because I know in 10 or heck, even 5 years... I'll look back and they will all be so precious. I just need TIME!!! I also have been working on my Blog Books. I have 2 printed so far... you'll have to look at them and possibly print your blog into a book! I love mine!