Ally left the cutest note. It read: "Dear Santa, Merry Christmas. Say hi to the reindeer for me. I believe in you. Ally"
The kids couldn't wait to get up.... I was amazed Ally fell asleep as well as she did. It was probably 10 or 11, but still.... I remember not being able to sleep Christmas Eve. Waking every hour. Wondering when I could finally get up!!!!!!
They slept until 8 am... and I went to make sure Maggie was up... but there was no holding them back... they couldn't wait for Maggie to get upstairs... so off they went....
It was whirlwind morning... but wonderful.... my mom and step-dad and in-laws came for breakfast... we had a nice morning in gift craziness... lots of happiness to go around.... Ally was most excited to receive Kit (An American Girl Doll) and a new scooter since her old run may have been run over in the driveway. :-) Luke seemed most excited about his new scooter and a little people rampway he received... but has taken turns really playing with all the toys he received.
After some time at home... we made our way to my Grandma's house for Christmas dinner and LOTS of family togetherness. This much family:
It was the first time in many years that EVERYONE was there... all the cousins from all over the country... aunts, uncles, my mom and step-dad. EVERYONE!!!!!! We enjoyed a wonderful traditional polish meal... the sharing of "the polish martini" AKA: whisky and squirt! And... had an all-around great day........ a very Merry Christmas to all......












1 comment:
No family picture of you, Scott and the kids...but I'm glad for the pics we took!
I am especially glad that you enjoy the "magic" of Christmas like I used to. It IS more fun with little ones...
Post a Comment