It's been a busy week for our family! I have had a more than full work week and I don't see a real break in sight. Oh well... we will plug along and deal! We always somehow seem to manage. I will tell those of you with one child this.... TWO IS EXPONENTIALLY MORE DIFFICULT! Most days it feels like having four or something! Maybe it's the difference in Ally's and Luke's ages that makes me feel that way. A school age child and a baby is a lot to balance. Add to that two full time working parents and whew!
It was just one of those weeks that makes me stop and wonder how we will survive. But, then a week that is a bit more low key will arrive and give me the respite I need to believe it is possible....
Ally had soccer this morning - again a 9:00 am game! She had to be there early for pictures though, so it was an 8:30 arrival time for her! Scott took her and I followed with Luke closer to game time. It was COLD this morning! Frost on the grass! I dug out my Uggs and a winter coat... bundled Luke in a head to toe fleece... and off we went to the big game! Nana and Papa joined us this week and Ally was so happy to have so many fans there to cheer her on. She has a bit of a cold, so I think she was a little tired today, but she did a pretty good job. There were moments when we weren't so sure she remembered she was playing a game of soccer. She tends to get separated from "the herd" and stand there as if to say... "Huh, what was I just going to do?" Scott kept calling her a space cadet.... I just chuckled...
They won their game 2-0! Good thing we have some fabulous "bigger" boys on the team! I really think defense may be Ally's best position..... :-)
Scott just took Ally to some thing they're going for kids at the Hobbit in Spring Arbor. I don't know for sure what they're doing... but she will get a pumpkin and who knows what else... I'm home with Luke so he can nap and I threw a load of laundry in. There are other things I should be doing.... but the laptop has this tendency to call to me... like it's lonely. So, here we sit, on the couch...
I was looking through some old pictures and I must share these two shots.....
The "Spartan" pic is Ally and Luke is the second pic. They look so much alike to me! I know their eyes are very different. Ally has always had these HUGE eyes that bore into your soul.... but their face shape and expressions are so eerily similar! They have the same little mouth and chin...
Sometimes Luke will just give me a look that is SO ALLY! But... other times, he is just SO BOY! He is all boy. He plays rougher.... he is less graceful (not that Ally is full of grace herself!) and he is just more aggressive with his actions. He's going to break things and destroy furniture when he gets older... I can just FEEL IT!
Ah... at any rate.... Scott and I are going to see Mamma Mia tonight up at Wharton. I'm really excited because we have FABULOUS seats... second row or something like that... and I've never seen this show before! I want to take Ally to see the movie, but I wanted to wait until I saw the stage performance first. So... maybe next weekend or tomorrow I will take her.....
Happy Saturday to you all!
3 comments:
Mama Mia is fabulous!!!! We haven't seen it here yet, can get two for one tickets through October, but a neighbor from New York said the show is abbreviated here...of course he saw it on Broadway and is a bit of a snob....I saw it in Grand Rapids a different lifetime ago!!!! Have fun!!!
And yes, they sure do look alike!!!
Mom
I agree sister...TWO kids are so much harder to manage. Especially when both parents are working full-time AND travel like you do! Hang in there...I have my bad/busy weeks too and wonder how we'll survive. But something always happens to make it all better! Don't you think parents employed full-time should get 3 day weekends???
OMG I thought both of those were of Luke! Boomer does have those big eyes too, and the nose.
Glad You enjoyed Mama Mia. I am excited to see the movie. Adam has see the play twice- HAHA!
Post a Comment