It's a gorgeous day, isn't it? 80 degrees outside. Sunny. The smell of fall in the air. Just gorgeous!!!!!
Well, Ally was outside enjoying this fine, fine day earlier. She wasn't thrilled with the prospect of playing outside on her own, but I am knee-deep in laundry and clothing organizing (still putting away summer clothing and Luke's 6-12 month stuff) and Scott is pretty sick... so we have remained indoors today. At any rate... she was outside and decided to come in when she saw Luke at the front door grinning at her. Who CAN resist that grin?
She came in through the garage so as not to knock him over since he was leaning against the door.... very considerate of her. We heard her come in and asked her if she closed the door tight. She said she did. And, we also were pretty sure we heard it shut as well. We were all in the living room. I thought nothing of it.
When I got up to go to the kitchen, I saw that the garage door was WIDE OPEN.... and of course... things were quiet.... there were NO DOGS in our house! GREAT!!!!!!! It was probably a good 20 minutes before we realize this.
WANTED - Two Scotties - Berkley the "Bad" and Fergus the "Famished":


Scott jumped in the car... only to return about 20 minutes later with no scotties. He asks me to call in reinforcements, his dad, and ask for some back up. The situation is grave.
Ally is screaming, Luke is crying because she is screaming... I am trying to calm everyone down, but I am downright MAD at Ally. Tension is high in the McIntosh household.
I go back and forth between thinking... "good riddance!" and wanting to cry... thinking the worse of course. Imagining them getting hit by a car... gone to live in the wild forever... generally wondering what I will do with all their stuff if they are gone. I am obviously not feeling optimistic today! Maybe it's the economy?
Poor Scott, he's feeling awful, I know and this is a huge stress... I just know he's out there stressing, cursing, and worrying. He loves those boys.... as bad as they are....
It isn't too terribly long - another 20 minutes maybe - before I hear Ally yell that they are home... and Scott walks through the door with two of the worst smelling scottie dogs in the world.....
I am rethinking my wanting them home safe and sound!
Scott, takes them and their crates outside... and hoses them down. Literally. Bathes them with the hose in the back yard. Lucky for them it's such a nice day! We would have had to do the same thing if it were 40 degrees out!
So.... our convicts are home safe and sound... outside in their crates, thinking about what they've done.....
Ally is repenting.....
Luke is now sleeping....
Scott is resting....
I am blogging....
How else to I work through my emotions of the day!? Oh - a martini or glass of wine would do the trick, but I too am fighting the cold.... so I'm thinking better of my alcohol intake... ;-)
I can't believe it's only almost three in the afternoon! Definitely feels like bedtime should be around the corner!!!!!!
1 comment:
So I laughed and laughed at your narrative....I LOVE to read your Blog...and I repeat it to Dave who gets a kick out of it too...Thanks for making my day!!!!
Mom
Post a Comment