Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dancing Queen...

Scott and I went to see Mamma Mia at the Wharton Center in East Lansing last night and what an awesome show!  I LOVED IT!!!  We had second row seats.... so we were right up close for the action.  I love, love, love sitting so close at events - plays, concerts, you name it.  There is nothing like being on top of it all!

I can't say enough about the show!  Ally would love it... and I have half a mind to turn around and take her to the matinee this afternoon... but there are some VERY adult themes and scenes that I'd rather not have to explain at this age!  There was a girl, probably around 8 or so sitting next to me last night, and there were times I was very uncomfortable just knowing she was there and she wasn't my kid!

So... if you haven't seen Mamma Mia, I highly, highly recommend you do!

It's Sunday morning and I have a few things I have to do at some point today for work. There are not enough hours in the work week apparently!  Oh well. It is the price I pay for my flexibility.  And I am extremely grateful for the flexibility I do have to take my kids to the doctor, leave early when they have things going on... come in late or stay home with them when they are sick.  A few hours work on a Sunday is a small price to pay.

Scott and Ally are at the grocery store.... Ally dressed herself this morning and I snapped a quick picture with my iPhone that I have to share.  It's crap quality, but you have to see this outfit she put together.. complete with her Uggs!  She cracks me up...



It's the sweater she got at the American Girl Store, a jean skirt, some leggings, her Uggs and a hat she HAD to have one day when we were at the Gap.  HAHA!!!  She looks adorable... and I couldn't NOT capture it, even with the crap camera that is on the iPhone.  

Speaking of cameras.... I got my camera back last week from Best Buy.  They did not just give me a new one as I suspected they would... they did send it away for repairs and it seems to be repaired.... but now, I can't remember where I put my memory card!  Nice, huh?  I wait six weeks for my camera to return to me and I still can't use it!!!!!!!!!!

A HUGE thanks to Jane though... for letting me use hers all that time..... I would have missed so many moments if she didn't let me borrow it!!!!!! THANKS JANE!

Luke slept through the night 3 or 4 nights last week... and then, last night was a debacle, he was up twice.  Oh well... at least he gave us some decent sleep during our week!!!!  He has his 9 month well-baby visit this week, finally.  They had to move it for some reason. I'm looking forward to finding out how much he weighs! Nana weighed him on her scale the other day and it read 23 lbs, 8 oz..... we shall see how accurate that is!!  Our little bruiser!

Enjoy the fall Sunday today everyone.... Scott is making his famous chili today and I can't wait!  YUM!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Chili sounds good...we actually got down to the 60's last night...finally turned the air conditioner off and slept with the windows open...it was great. Glad you liked the play, looks like we are going to see it when Dave's friends come the end of October!!!
By the way...Ally looks adorable...remember when David had to wear his knee-high white sports socks with his cowboy boots...with SHORTS!
Mom

Leslie Collins said...

Ally looks adorable. I want some Uggs! :)