Luke is 10 months old tomorrow! And, since I have become an awful during he week blogger, I figured I better blog about it today!!!! I can't believe in TWO short months, we will be celebrating his first birthday! HOLY HANNAH!!!
Here are some of Luke's recent accomplishments:
- First and foremost, he is SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!! We had to "train" him.... which meant a good week of hell truth be told.... but in the end, it was totally worth it, just like everyone said it would be. I guess we just had to wait until we were at the end of our rope and really ready to let him cry it out. He did cry for almost two hours the first night and it improved each and every night from there until he started sleeping silently through the night. He sleeps between 11 and 12 hours... straight through! THANK GOD!
- He still has no teeth! I talked to my dentist about this at my recent cleaning, and he said it's really a GOOD thing. The earlier they get teeth, the more likely it is for decay to set in from formula, etc. So, I've decided to take this as a positive! Oh well.... he isn't suffering any denial of food for it!
- We have started giving him a lot more "solid" soft food to "gum." Yesterday he had two entire meals of "non-baby food." I steamed carrots, slow cooked chicken and cut up banana and avocado. Cut everything up into tiny pieces and he handled it all quite well. Unfortunately, I just feel it's EASIER to do baby food! We make a big batch every couple months and we're good to go! Now that he's eating real food, I either always have to make us something I can modify for him, or cook him things separately. I am now remembering this stage with Ally.... and it kinda sucks! I just recall preparing food for her every night after making dinner. Hmmm..... must figure out way to streamline this process!
- He is pulling himself up to a stand (as evidenced by the picture above!). He loves the piano that was Ally's when she was a baby and loves to stand at that most of all. The only other thing he will really stand at is the Crawl and Cruise Playground that was Ally's as well. He likes to dance to the really annoying music!
- He has a lot of hair... especially at the base of his neck and I think it's time for a haircut! I just want the neckline trimmed a bit. I'm sure I could do this right.... hmmm? But, Ally did have her first haircut from Christopher (my stylist!). I guess she is a girl. I need to suck it up and just trim his hair myself. :-)
- He is constantly babbling. He sings... he says Uh-Oh and Mama and Dada. Mama and Dada are just sounds... although this morning, I was changing his diaper and Scott walked in... as clear as day Luke looked up at him and exclaimed "Dada!!!" It was likely coincidence, but it was still really adorable! Uh-Oh he really actually says and seems to comprehend what it means.
- He still loves his sister best and since Ally has recently taken up playing the guitar..... she sounds JUST LIKE Dave Matthews I tell ya.... he is her biggest fan! He will just sit there and listen to her and watch her for as long as she plays and sings. What a wonderful way to keep TWO kids entertained!!!
- He LOVES doors. Open a door and he comes running. He loves to push them open and shut and mostly just see what's inside! He is hilarious when it comes to doors.
- He puts his blankie over his head and crawls around the house. This absolutely cracks us up because it is SO what Ally did... only she did it when she was walking. She constantly put her white blankie over her head and walked around and into things. He just crawls into things. What a crack up!
- He has gotten a lot better with his pincer grasp and is pretty good at picking up some food! I was worried there for a while.....
- Oh... and right now, he has the evil cold..... poor guy! But, he appears to be handling it much better than Mommy!
That's what's going on with the 10 month old in the house!!!!!! Never a dull moment... that's for sure....
3 comments:
Oh what joyous memories....I hope you can archive this blog and save it for posterity!!!You will love reading it when you are old and gray like your mother...!!!
Thanks for the wonderful update...and Happy 10 months Luke! I will be seing you in 5 and a half weeks!!!!!
Mom and Grandma Kathy
Hey there! I "found" your blog thru Jane's and I always chuckle when I read your posts! Your honesty about parenthood is great.
Happy 10 months, Luke!! I'm so happy for you guys that he's sleeping through the night...has sanity set in yet?!? Oh wait, I don't think sanity sets in until they leave the house!! ;)
Post a Comment