Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Work Days....

I get to see really cool people at work all day.  Like these crazy kids....





My mother in law comes in a few times a week and my father in law is out of town... so the twins came in with her yesterday. They are so freakin' hilarious.  Lyla just walks right in, takes off her coat, says hello and comes around to sit with me.  Jilli, who is a little more shy, takes a moment to do all that... but she does.  They both climb in my lap to see what Aunt Nicki does at work.  They sat for a bit.... then, realized "hey! there are toys here...." So, off they went....


It wasn't long after playing with the toys, that they realized there were suckers!  So.... a little chair climbing and reaching... and success!  Suckers for all!  They were pretty funny.  I almost wish we had some other patients in the waiting room because our patients are the kind of people that just love kids.


They would have loved to watch the twins in action. They are a sight to see for sure!  Once, a friend of mine had an appointment, and her daughter and son hung out in the waiting room.  Another patient totally sat down with the younger girl and played blocks with her the entire time while the older son hung with me behind the desk.

How many people can say they work in such an awesome environment?  It makes me smile and fills my heart every day.  I have grown to know and adore many of our patients.  I love helping them each and every day in ways others cannot.  It's good good work.

I regularly get together with my old co-workers from Consumers.  They have often told me I seem more happy overall.... less stressed.... more positive.  Amen.  A-freaking-men.  Definitely less stressed. I am glad it shows!


No comments: