Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up...

Well.... our Spring Break week came to a close!!  Thursday was spent at home in the morning.  Luke and I slept in and got a late start to our day.  We went to the Tasty Treat and Cascades, before meeting old co-workers from Consumers at the Buffalo Wings place here in town for dinner and drinks.  Luke tagged along... and lots of others brought their kids too which made it fun for all.  I was so happy that so many of my friends were able to make it... since it was a last minute event!  My favorite part may have been the email my friend sent out in order to invite people though:


Former employee Nicole McIntosh has challenged the entire dept to a drinking contest starting at 4:30 today at Buffalo BBQ Wings – 1085 N. Wisner.  Whoever defeats her gets to babysit her son Luke tonight.  Luke will be there and will judge the contest.
 
No need to reply to note, just make it if you can.

Hee hee... that cracked me right up.  And lots of people made it. It was so great to see them. Of all the things I miss the most... it's the people I worked with.  Most of them anyway.  ;-)  Great group and I am so lucky they still will come out with me!!!!













Friday came.... and I learned that Ally would be arriving late, late (really early Saturday) that night!  The family she traveled with decided they would drive straight home.  I think the mom realized Ally needed to get home sooner rather than later.... and I am so grateful for their amazingness!!!!  They drove straight from 5:00 am until 1:15 am.... to get my baby home to me.  Love them to pieces!!!

I went and picked her up.... and brought her home... she was so happy to be here and sleep in her own bed. I felt so happy just to have her back here, in our house.  Her presence was definitely missed. Especially by this little man... who did a happy dance upon her return.




We took it easy on Friday. Did some shopping in town... and went out for lunch.  We had already decided that we would do something bigger on Sunday... and the Dawson family decided to join us! Super fun..... so Sunday, off to Kids Opening Day at the Tiger game we went!

It was an awesome day.  So gorgeous in the sun... but when the sun went behind a cloud - watch out! The temp sure did drop!  Luckily, we were prepared for the weather as we dressed warm!  The kids were able to ride the carousel and ferris wheel free.. they got little bags with a bat and lunch and other goodies. It was a great day to be a kid at the ball park!






























Have I mentioned my son has become quite the ham? He constantly asks me to take pictures of him. Those I posted aren't even half of what he posed for and wanted me to take!  :-))))))

In other news.... Ally has done something to her knee.  The good doc calls it "an externally rotated tibia causing mild patellar tendinitis"  Yuck.  

I had to call Dr. Scott in Florida as I didn't know what to do when she started limping on Saturday.  We aren't sure when it happened. Ally has an exceedingly high threshold for pain, which makes all this more frustrating.  We think she did something at gymnastics the last time she was there, which was almost two weeks ago. Then.... it didn't really bother her until she was on the ride home from FL.... all those hours in the car, with her little body curled up to sleep and her knee bent.  That aggravated whatever had happened.  So.... first thing Monday morning.... Dr. Scott looked at it and sure enough... she was all rotated crazy.  He adjusted it back into place and the relief she felt was immediate.  

Unfortunately, through the day... it went back... so we had to adjust it and then tape it later yesterday.  She is all taped up. She will go back to have it checked today and a brace will be placed on it. In addition to the kinesio tape.  Good good times. Did I mention she has a meet this weekend? Oh... and next weekend as well.  :-(

We are resting and icing.  And having it adjusted twice a day and looked at and... well, just throwing all we have at it.  I was awestruck yesterday at just how blessed we are that I work where I work. That we became friends with the Manchesters.  How Dr. Scott is my family's primary care physician these days and I can't imagine what I would do without him?  Go to the ER to have x-rays and MRI's I guess? 

I just feel like everything happens for a reason... and I sleep so much better at night knowing I have someone in our lives who is always looking out and willing to do the best for my little girl and her little bones.  :-)

Have a great week blog friends!!!!!!  Enjoy getting back into the routine of life! Feels good after time off... at least I feel that way.  :-)))))))

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sorry about Ally...hope she gets better soon! Glad you have such amazing connections!!!!

Chrystal said...

You ARE lucky!! I love the chiro! Just went in this morning for an adjustment. (Max, too!) Keepin' us both healthy. ;)