It is no surprise to anyone out there reading this that my gymnast daughter absolutely idolizes Jordyn Wieber. Home-state Olympic hero. Same gym has her also idolized Aunt Jane. Same coach. Amazing Olympic performance.... it goes on and on. Ally loves her.
So, when we heard she was going to be speaking at a dinner at JCMS, we got pretty excited at the chance to attend! Then... my friend and mother to one of Ally's besties... Paula invited Ally to join Cara, along with the LC High School Gymnastics team... to work at the event.
Double bonus!
So.... the date came... and the girls were to wear their warm up jackets and uniform pants. And, while there was no promise of meeting Jordyn... the hope was still there.
I didn't go. Ally was invited to go with the team and as much as I wanted to be there to see her experience it... I held back. I have to learn that I don't have to be there to witness everything first hand. Not an easy thing to do as a Mom. ;-) I had plenty of parents texting me updates... "I just saw Ally - she looks so excited!" It was fun to read them and chat with people who were watching her reactions.
In the end... Jordyn met privately with the team in a classroom before the dinner even started. A-mazing! They each got personal autographs - Ally's says "To Ally - Jordyn Wieber 2013" They each got a chance to have their picture taken with her. And... they each got a picture of her, that she signed at the event for them.
I love Ally's picture. Pure joy. True, honest, genuinely happy smile. The best.
I had one giddy, giddy girl last night. She met her idol. Bucket list item for sure. :-)
1 comment:
Put that one down in the Journals!!!!! So happy for Ally!
Post a Comment