So.... I have been using essential oils for a little while now. I got what was a "starter kit" of sorts when I first started out. This consisted of small bottles of an array of the most popular oils for a variety of ailments. In addition, I got some oils that I had learned about when I went to an information session that sounded interesting to me.
The kit arrived and I was excited to try the oils. I already had one that I was using regularly, called Thieves. A couple friends were into the oils, and Ally had gotten a very bad sore throat. I was given the oil and told to use it on her feet and on her throat (not inside!). Thieves is a blend of multiple oils that are antibacterial, antiviral and anti fungal in nature. It was a super, awful, strep-like sore throat.... and after just a couple days, it subsided enough that she could function and participate in school and gymnastics. I never had her swabbed, so I don't know if it was strep or not. Frankly, I didn't want to know because I was going to try very hard to not put her on an antibiotic even if it was.
So.... we had all fallen in love with Thieves. The kids could tolerate it on their feet... and when really sick, I could get it on Ally's neck. Even Scott now asks for it when he feels a little illness coming on. ;-)
The other oils took some getting used to and it took me a long, long time to figure out how to use them and which I loved.
I will start out with those I can't live without:
Valor: This was one of the first I tried because everyone spoke so highly of it. It is called the "chiropractor in a bottle" as it is supposed to help you with balance in your life. It's supposed to keep you courageous... strong... and give you a sense of confidence. I have fallen in love with this oil and am on my second bottle. I use it daily and reapply often. I have given it to a lot of people... have a stressful meeting that you need to get through and stand your ground? Use Valor!
Peppermint: Ironically enough, this one took me a while to actually figure out how to use effectively. I tried it in water (as recommended) for nausea. I couldn't stand it when I was sick to my stomach. It may be effective but I just couldn't get it down. So... then... it sat there unused. Then, I read somewhere that it was a great oil to apply prior to your workout! That it really lifted you up and gave extra energy. So..... I tried it! And I fell in love. I started to use it daily.... as a pick me up first thing in the morning. I apply it to the back of my neck just under my hairline and it just cools my head and keeps me awake! It's amazing before a shower... you put it on and then the entire shower is aromatherapy and energizing. I am completely addicted to peppermint. It is amazing for a headache... any kind of pain... applied to the bottoms of feet, it's a great way to cool the entire body (wonderful for a child's fever!)... and it just smells awesome! Love, love, love!
Lemon: Need I say much? It's lemon. Put it in your water. It makes water more drinkable. It contains all the pure vitamin c of any citrus fruit in highly concentrated form. It's all around wonderful.
Lavender: A simple, wonderful oil for bedtime! I apply it to my chest and neck so I can smell it and inhale it as I fall asleep. I put a few drops on my feet as well. It's also wonderful for skin ailments. My mother in law used it on a scar, along with Frankincense and it faded the scar almost completely. It smells great too!
Frankincense: Say what you will... I've heard the jokes "where's the gold and myrrh?" Frankincense rocks! Apply a little to your forehead and crown of the head... and it will put you to sleep and you will stay asleep! It's great in skin care. It's amazing to add to any other oil for any other reason and it will help "push" the oil into your system. It's anti-cancer. It's anti everything bad. It rocks. :-)
There are many others I use too... Stress Away and Peace and Calming for stressful or aggravating moments. I use a blend of Grapefruit, Rosemary and Cypress for anti cellulite and circulation. And Transformation which I most recently discovered, along with Valor because it does a lot of the same things and smells great as well. It helps me with my quest to want to be a better person. :-)
It can all sound a little crazy and be a lot to take in.... but this is something I am doing... something I believe in.... and well, what can it hurt? I have a pretty healthy family and there are a few things we do different than the average family.... this is one of those things. Don't knock it til you try it.

No comments:
Post a Comment